2011 Sturgis: Buffalo Chip Schedule
2011 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
The 71st Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally begins this Friday, and like always, the schedule is packed at the the famed Buffalo Chip.
Following is a day-to-day schedule of events, followed by additional events held at the chip (all events are at Buffalo Chip unless noted).
2011 Buffalo Chip Schedule:
Friday, August 5
- Charlie Brechtel and Dan Lawson (8:30 pm – 10:00 pm)
- Edgar Winter (10:30 pm – midnight)
Saturday, August 6
- Pop Evil (8:30 pm – 10:00 pm)
- Alice Cooper (10:30 pm – midnight)
Sunday, August 7
- 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. American Veterans Traveling Tribute and Traveling Wall
- 3 p.m.- 8 p.m. South Dakota Mud Racers
- 6-8 p.m. Kids and Chrome Benefit Buffalo Chip Garden Event Center
- Williams and Ree
- Bachman-Turner (8:30 pm – 10:00 pm)
- Styx (10:30 pm – Midnight)
- 7 p.m. Maverick Publishing Party in Spearfish exit 8 south of i-90
- 7:30 p.m. AMD Industry Party 3rd and Lazalle
Monday, August 8
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Horse Backstreet Choppers Show Full Throttle
- 11 a.m. -2:30 p.m. Legends Ride Check in Silverado-Franklin Deadwood
- 3 p.m Legends Ride begins through the Blackhills Deadwood
- 5 p.m. Legends Ride Reception
- Sweet Cyanide
- Buckcherry (8:30 pm – 10:00 pm)
- Def Leppard (10:30 pm – midnight)
Tuesday, August 9
- 3 p.m.- 8 p.m. South Dakota Mud Racers
- 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Retile Gardens at the Chip
- 4 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. Buffalo Chip Fanfest
- 5 p.m. Media Tour of the Lichter Exhibition Hall Buffalo Chip
- 6 p.m.- 8 p.m. Lichter Exhibition Industry Reception
- Williams and Ree
- Poison (8:30 pm – 10:00 pm)
- Toby Keith (10:30 pm – midnight)
Wednesday, August 10
- 9 a.m. Sturgis Motorcycle Museum Hall of Fame Breakfast Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Rapid City
- 11 a.m. Biker Belles
- 3 p.m. AMD awards
- 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Fuller party at Lincoln Electric Booth Civic Center in Sturgis
- 6 p.m.- 10 p.m. North American Hillclimbers Association
- HOG Reception at the Buffalo Chip Gardens
- 6 p.m. BIC 4 Good Barbershop Visit from Paul Teutul Sr.
- 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. LED Bike Show Buffalo Chip Cove
- Lucas Nelson and Promise of the Real
- Gregg Allman (8:30 pm – 10:00 pm)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd (10:30 pm – midnight)
Thursday, August 11
- Buffalo Chip Freedom Celebration all Day
- 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Rat’s Hole Custom Bike Show
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Bryan Fuller Book Signing Hot Leathers Store Mainstreet
- 1 p.m. Victory Rider Association Ride and Reception Lodge at Deadwood
- 1:30 pm Lehman Trike Ride Starting at Lehman in Spearfish and ending at the Chip
- 6 p.m.- 10 p.m. North American Hillclimbers Association
- John Fogerty
- Stevie Nicks
- Jeff Bridges and Friends (10:30 pm – Midnight)
Friday, August 12
- Saving Abel
- Puddle of Mudd
- Tesla (8:30 pm – 10:00 pm)
- 10 p.m. Buffalo Chip Burnout Drags Presented by Maverick Publishing
- 10:15 p.m. 30 Years Strong Buffalo Chip Bike Giveaway
Saturday, August 13
- George Thorogood & The Destroyers (10:30 pm – midnight)
Sunday, August 14
- 10:30 a.m. Survivors Club Brunch at the Chip Gardens
Additional Ongoing Items Going on at The Buffalo Chip
Guns of Freedom
(August 5 – August 13, 10 am to 7 pm daily)
- Yes! You get to shoot machine guns at the Chip! This display of exotic firearms gives adrenaline junkies the chance to feel the fire. Over 65 models are live and ready for you to pull the trigger. Enjoy the rush of this hands-on experience every day throughout Sturgis Bike Week. The machine gun range is located on the Buffalo Chip Sports Complex just north of the east box office entrance. The shoot shakes and Guns of Freedom welcome you to be a part of the action with live rounds and automatic weapons dating back to WWI.
Buffalo Chip Burnouts in the Sky – Warrior Division presented by SHOGUN (Feed Your Warrior Within)
(August 5 through Saturday, August 13 (10 pm – 10:30 pm)
- This Drag Competition is a thrilling showcase that will take place in the Burnout Pit in the Sky during set changes between co-headline acts. There will be 30 Shogun Warriorettes helping us all to feed our warriors within.
The World Pickle Lickin’ Federation’s World Championship Pickle Lickin’ Contest
(August 5 through August 13, 4:15 pm to 5 pm daily)
- This is the grand daddy of all Pickle Lickin’s contests and is guaranteed to move the facial muscles of fans and participants alike.
Top Shelf Lounge
(August 5 through August 13, 7pm to 1:45 am daily)
- Step on Up to the Top Shelf Lounge for the best concert viewing to be had anywhere. The Top Shelf Lounge is about 90 feet out from center front of the main stage. You are on the penthouse level where the sound and view is incredible. You can view from the decks or from the covered area. There is a cash bar to quench your thirst. Occupancy is limited.
Miss Buffalo Chip Pageant
(August 5 through August 13m 6pm, 8:15 pm, 10:15 pm and Midnight)
- All the girls we love modeling biker attire at 8:15 pm, lingerie at 10:15 pm and swim suits at midnight. The Miss Buffalo Chip Pageant, gained international attention when John McCain, then Republican candidate for the office of the U S Presidency, joked from the Legendary Buffalo Chip stage that he encouraged his wife, Cindy, to enter so she could be the only woman to be both the First Lady and Miss Buffalo Chip!
Jagermeister Jagerettes (August 5 through Saturday, August 13)
- These beauties will be headquartered at the Party Deck every day, offering up shots of Jager and giving out prizes.
Midget Bowling (August 5 through Saturday, August 13, 2 pm to 4 pm and 6 pm to 8 pm)
Sons of Light (August 6th through August 13, 7am to 11 am daily)
- Starting at 7 a.m. every morning through the end of the Buffalo Chip Campground festivities, the Church of the Chip tent is where you’ll find plenty of huge, stomach-filling pancakes, lots of fresh brewed coffee, and plenty of other bikers in search of conversation and inspiration.
Al Gliniecki (August 5 – 13)
- Ladies Beware, the World’s Fastest Tongue will be here. 4 time Guinness Book Record Holder Al Glineicki, the man the myth the Legend, will be attempting yet another world breaking record in 2011 at the Legendary Buffalo Chip Campground during the Sturgis motorcycle rally. In 2011, trying something nobody in Sturgis, SD has ever seen before, Al will be attempting to tie 14 or more cherry stems in one minute and 1 cherry stem in less than 2 seconds at the Buffalo Chip Comedy Club every night at 7 O’clock. Al will be at the Chip’s Comedy Club every night from 5 – 8 o’clock PM to take on any challengers who would like to give their tongue endurance a real try by attempting to beat him at a chance for their own world record.
Blind Lion (August 5 – 13)
- Blind Lion, a young band with old souls, are bringing a time-tested sound back into the foreground of music. Playing original material with classic rock flavor, a style they call "vintage rock," Blind Lion has resurrected the guitar driven, blues-laden, lyrical sound of the 60’s and 70’s greatest names. Although prior to 2009, all four members had been playing music prior to coming together, they found a real band in each other. Originally calling the group The Relief, they soon changed the name to Blind Lion, agreeing that it was more fitting for their overall presentation.
Charlie Brechtel (August 5 – 13)
- Charlie Brechtel, also known as "Good Time Charlie," will stir up the Sturgis motorcycle rally with his unique biker blues. Charlie aspires to be the greatest biker band to exist; he lives, breathes and excretes the biker history, legacy and brotherhood that makes up his biker soul.
- ColdSweat has been performing an original blend of hard rock/alternative music since forming in the fall of 2001. Making the trip to Sturgis, SD in 2011, ColdSweat will be bringing its diverse mixture of melodic vocals and powerful guitar riffs to the Legendary Buffalo Chip campground. Emerging from several small towns that shape the Midwest, ColdSweat formed with a desire and passion for music. The Nebraska based band consists of Keith Schroetlin (Vocals/Rhythm Guitar), Jeff Peterson (Bass), Brett Hitz (Lead Guitar), and Travis Christiansen (Drums).
Dan Lawson Band (August 5 – 13)
- Dan Lawson’s reputation as one of America’s premier guitar players speaks for itself. Dan’s style is a charismatic blues-rock tone that is inspired by guitar masters like Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jeff Beck! In addition to playing the Legendary Buffalo Chip during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Dan performs at major blues festivals, motorcycle events, various concert halls, casinos, touring with other national artists. His ability to connect with live concert audiences is transformational!
Dog Leg Preacher (August 5 – 13)
- For those who like scorching lead guitars, thunderous bass, pounding drums, and over the top vocals, Dog Leg Preacher will deliver to Legendary Buffalo Chip audiences during the Sturgis motorcycle rally in 2011.
Dwight York (August 5 – 13)
- Dwight’s comedy will shock you with one-liners that sucker punch. Dwight’s adult humor is…. smart, funny and to the point, but not exactly the point you might be expecting. Expect only to laugh.
Hula Girls (August 5 – 13)
- Hula Girls, are the Astral Rhythm Dancers, brought to you by Boomtown Hoops. They have prepared a high energy fire and light performance, complete with fire hoops, fire poi, fingers and fans, various glowing props, and fire eating all cleverly choreographed to an awesome mix of blues, rock, and country music. This sexy and creative group of ladies each brings something special to the stage. They have The Phoenix who is fiery, fearless and funky, putting her heart into every performance. They have Mesmerize who is the princess of the group. She puts beauty and grace into her dance. Dreamer is their love child that spins the hoop like a tornado.
Iron Cowgirl Missy (August 5 – 13)
- Iron Cowgirl is a full band touring from Jackson, MI. They play originals with a sweet southern rock style and covers that are ideal for biker events. Iron Cowgirl is, no doubt about it, a biker. She plays and lives from the heart, a "Heart of Steel." Riding her horse with two wheels, a sleeping bag and a guitar strapped to the side of her bike, she rode the coast of Michigan, down to Florida, and then headed west "Riding away from the one that," she "loved, trying to find some help from above." She camped along the way and played her guitar at night, finally ending up at the Buffalo Chip during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally where she made friends and memories that she "wouldn’t trade." They’ve all been defined by the music she’s made, songs like: Heart of Steel, What You Deserve, and Iron Cowgirl.
Karoake Happy Hour
(August 6 through August 14, 3 pm to 5 pm)
- The stage is all yours during the Karaoke Happy Hour! It’s something of a backwards American Idol and a spot-on Gong Show, we’re looking for the campers that have the biggest balls and least amount of inhibition to perform the number ones of the last 4 decades. We don’t care if you chose Britney Spears or Elvis, just get up there and sing your heart out. *Please bring your own air guitar
Mad Dog and the Smokin J’s
- Mad Dog and the Smokin’ Js American Rockabilly are Mike ”MadDog” Minnick, Johnny Kongo, and smokin Jeffro Frazier. After 3 tours and 150+ shows in 2010, Mad Dog is gearing up for 2011 with Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly weekend and a european tour in May 2011and for the first time ever during the Sturgis motorcycle rally that takes place in Sturgis, SD, Mad Dog and the Smokin J’s will play live at ”The Legendary Buffalo Chip Campground”. MDSJ have recently released their third album, ‘Live at Lead’, on 15¢/Hi Five! Records. In addition to the Sturgis Buffalo Chip motorcycle festival, MDSJ have appeared at festivals such as Vail Octoberfest, B.A.T., and Snowdaze.
Startz and Endz
- You’ve never seen a father-son duo that will rock the 2011 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally as hard as Jim Startz (lead guitar) and his son Bubba (lead vocals, rhythm guitar). Bubba, the road tested, crowd approved, front man leads the band through an eclectic mix of his own originals and a vast repertoire of cover songs, from Led Zepplin and Lynyrd Skynyrd to the Black Crowes and Pearl Jam. Based out of Deadwood, South Dakota, Startz n Endz make their home only ten minutes from the Legendary Buffalo Chip Campground in Sturgis, SD
The Dynamix Duo Feat. Ian Richards
(August 5th – 13th, 6 pm to 8 pm and Midnight to 1:45 am)
- Making and keeping the party going at the Legendary Buffalo Chip’s very own Club Micro Brew and Shogun Energy Bar, The Dynamix Duo, local Rapid City, South Dakota DJ’s renowned for raising the standard of a good party at the Chip will be doing just that in Sturgis, 2011.
Tumbleweed Junction (August 5 – 13)
- Outlaw Country with a kick, this band carries the energy of southern rock merged with country culture and it only gets better when you see Tumbleweed Junction live at the Buffalo Chip.