Motorcycle Wheel Chock
Steadymate by Kinedyne, industry leaders in tie-downs and hardware for recreational vehicle securement, recently introduced a heavy duty Wheel Chock designed for use in transporting, maintaining and storing all types of motorcycles.
Larry Harrison (Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Kinedyne Corporations) says: "We designed a premium Wheel Chock that’s versatile and user-friendly. "The Steadymate wheel chock is adaptable for use in a garage or a trailer, without the need for permanent installation. It includes rubber feet and easy-to-use mounting hardware, making it perfect for temporary use in a shop or permanent mounting in a trailer."The unique design of the Steadymate wheel chock features a pivot point, which uses gravity to lock the bike in an upright position, making ‘one-person’ operation simple and easy. The rider just rolls the bike into the chock and it remains in an upright position. No side rails or supports to damage the tires, white walls, rims or fenders. No more dents, dings or scuffs!Steadymate Wheel Chock Information:
- Assembles easily in about 15 minutes
- Low to the floor design (with a lower pivot point) makes for easy roll-ins
- Adjusts to fit tire diameters from 14" to 26"
- Reflective sticker on frame helps align bike in low light situations
- Finish is electronically sealed into the metal to inhibit corrosion
- Chock comes standard with rubber feet for shop use, mounting hardware for trailers
- Ideal for use with scooters, mopeds, dirt bikes, sport bikes, cruisers and choppers
The addition of a wheel chock adds a high level of security to the transportation of motorcycles, but as always, Steadymate recommends that riders use the 4 x 45° rule when securing bikes for transit – four tie-downs (two in the front and two in the rear), each placed on a 45° angle (top to bottom and front to back).