Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Ryan Dungey and his team prepare for the upcoming 2011 AMA / FIM Supercross season. Check out this quick video update regarding pre-season testing on his Yoshimura-equipped 2011 Suzuki RM-Z450.
Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Ryan Dungey and his Suzuki RM-Z450 are the current 2010 AMA Supercross and AMA Pro Motocross champions.2011 Suzuki RM-Z450 | Key Features
For 2011, the RM-Z450 meets a stricter AMA noise limit (94db) while keeping smooth engine output.
- Suzuki’s class-leading fuel-injection system uses technology from Suzuki’s championship-winning models-the GSX-R motorcycles and the QuadRacer R450 ATV.
- The RM-Z450, the first motocross bike to ever use fuel injection, has won both outdoor championships as well as a Supercross championship.
- The RM-Z450’s 449cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, fuel-injected engine was developed and refined to deliver phenomenal idle-to-redline thrust.
- The lightweight, battery-less, motocross-use electronic fuel injection system uses progressive throttle linkage for efficient power delivery.
- A 12-hole fuel injector delivers a fine fuel/air mist for efficient operation.
- The Suzuki RM-Z450’s aluminum cylinder is treated with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating, and was built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- A 5-speed transmission provides extra flexibility, offering gear ratios suited for various terrains and conditions.
- The RM-Z450 has a link-type shifting system, which offers smooth transitions through the gears.
- The Suzuki RM-Z450’s slim chassis design makes for a comfortable riding position, opening up the cockpit to help allow the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- Class-leading 47mm Showa inverted forks provide optimum wheel travel and are compression- and rebound-damping adjustable.
- A Showa piggyback-reservoir rear shock with high/low-speed compression damping adjustment and rebound damping and spring preload adjustments.
- The rear shock, working through Suzuki’s superlative rising-rate linkage system, provides 310mm of wheel travel, delivering maximum traction.
- The Suzuki RM-Z450’s twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm was developed and refined for a highly optimized balance between rigidity and superb high-speed traction.
- The lightweight swingarm helps enhance terrain-traversing performance over bumps.
- Race-inspired disc rotors offer enhanced cooling performance and efficient mud slinging.
- A stylish two-tone radiator shrouds accentuate the RM-Z450’s agile looks.
- The 2011 Suzuki RM-Z450 comes with a gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on the top surface to provide additional grip.