2011 Honda CBR1000RR | Preview
2011 Honda CBR
The motorcycle that has continually combined high horsepower with a lightweight and agile chassis, the Honda CBR1000RR, returns for 2011.
Not much has changed on the sportbike, except for some new color schemes. Besides looks, internally the CBR remains the same as last year’s motorcycle.
Also like last year, the CBR 1000 RR is available with C-ABS, Honda’s famed Combined ABS. This system is a true “brake-by-wire” design, which means that they are electronically controlled.
Unlike conventional ABS, where the feel at the lever is soft due to hydraulic pressure, the C-ABS offers a more responsive brake-lever feel.
New for 2011
- The Repsol MotoGP Edition returns along with an exciting new Red/Black and all Black color schemes. C-ABS model available in Red/Black only.
- All colors have silver frames and silver swingarm.
2011 Honda CBR1000RR / CBR1000RR C-ABS Specs:
- Engine Type: 999cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke: 76mm x 55.1mm
- Compression ratio: 12.3:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Induction: Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI)
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 43mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 inches travel
Rear: Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.4 inches travel
Front: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 320mm discs
Rear: Single 220mm disc;
Optional Honda Electronic Combined ABS
Front: 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear: 190/50ZR-17 radial
- Wheelbase: 55.4 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 23.3°
- Trail: 96.2mm (3.8 inches)
- Seat Height: 32.3 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 4.7 gallons, including 1.06-gallon reserve
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 37 mpg
CBR1000RR: Repsol Edition, Red/Black, Black
CBR1000RR C-ABS: Red/Black
- Curb Weight*: 439 pounds (CBR1000RR) / 462 pounds (CBR1000RR C-ABS)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Color-Matched Passenger Seat Cowl
- CBR Racing Cycle Cover (for indoor use)
- Carbon-Fiber Accents
- Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame
- Outdoor Cycle Cover
- “E-Cushion” Seat for greater comfort
- Rear Tire Hugger
- HRC Power-Up Kit for Racing (Track Use Only)