Sturgis Bike Week
The Sturgis Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame has some big fun planned for the 2010 rally including book signings and a 2010 Hall of Fame Induction Breakfast.
The museum will host four authors for book signings during the Rally. All book signings will be held from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the museum’s gift shop at 999 Main Street in downtown Sturgis.
* On Monday, August 9th, Marian Mathews Hersrud, author of two novels Spirits and Black Leather and Sweet Thunder will be available.
* On Tuesday, August 10th, Sonny Barger, whose new book Let’s Ride – Sonny Barger’s Guide to Motorcycling was released in June will be at the museum signing books.
* On Wednesday, August 11th, Cris Sommer-Simmons will sign her book American Motorcycle Girls 1900-1950.
* On Thursday, August 12th, Paul Mitchell will be on hand to sign his newly-released book Black Hills Motorcycle Rides.
In addition to the book signings, the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum will hold its 2010 Hall of Fame induction breakfast at Rapid City’s Rushmore Plaza Civic Center on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 9 a.m.
Breakfast tickets are available for a $35.00 donation, tables of eight for $300.00. Tickets can be purchased through the Museum 605.347.2001 or on line at www.sturgismuseum.com/cart/.
The museum is proud to welcome Lorenzo Lamas of Lorenzo Cycles as its emcee for this event. At the breakfast, six new Hall of Fame Inductees will be honored, along with one Freedom Fighters Hall of Fame inductee.
This year’s honorees are:
Freedom Fighters Hall of Fame:
* Sonny Bridges – United Bikers of Maine
Sturgis Motorcycle Museum Hall of Fame:
* Nancy Davidson – wife and riding partner of Willie G. Davidson
* Betsy Lister – Creator of Bikerbits E-zine
* Ron McKinley – Motorcycle safety speaker and teacher
* Roger Schieman (Founder’s Award) – Sturgis resident and long-time museum supporter & board member
* Stan Simpson – Chairman of the Board of the American Motorcyclist Association
* "Kiwi" Mike Tomas – Founder and owner of Kiwi Indian Motorcycles