AMA Grand Tours
Kampgrounds of America is again partnering with the American Motorcycle Association (AMA) to sponsor the 2010 AMA Grand Tour Series.
This year, five AMA Grand Tours will offer participants exciting competitions, fun destinations and great prizes, including a new set of Dunlop motorcycle tires.
Motorcyclists throughout the United States will ride along with five AMA-chartered clubs in self-guided events. Each event will take riders to places they likely have never seen before.
"This year’s series features events for all types of riders, from the casual to the extreme," said AMA Road Riding Manager Dave Hembroff. "Three tours run between April and October and are perfect for riders who can only break away for shorter adventures. Two will finish toward the end of the year, and are intended for riders who plan to really put in the miles."
Every registered participant will receive a season-long KOA Value Kard Rewards card, good for immediate discounts on camping fees at the more than 475 KOA locations in North America.
"Motorcycle travel and camping go together well," said Chris Mink, KOA Value Kard Rewards manager. "We’ve got great accommodations from tent sites to luxury Lodges with private bathrooms and kitchens. So, along with all of the other fantastic amenities we offer, there is no reason to be uncomfortable at the end of a long day of riding."
Riders who complete at least four of the five Grand Tours will receive an AMA Master Grand Tourer certificate, as well as an extra chance to win a valuable prize from an AMA benefits partner.
The five AMA Grand Tours are:
· The Call of the Wild with KOA Grand Tour, presented by Midnight Riders, April 1- October 31.
· The Titantic Grand Tour, presented by the Great Lakes Motorcycle Club, April 14- September 15.
· The I’ve Been Everywhere Classic Grand Tour, presented by Road Winders, April 1 – October 31.
· The National Parks Master Traveler Award Grand Tour, presented by the Iron Butt Association, now through December 31.
· The USA Four Corners Grand Tour, presented by the Southern California Motorcycle Association, now through December 31.
For more information on individual tours, go to: http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/touring2010/GrandTours.asp