Pro Italia, one of the foremost sport bike destination dealers in the country and located in Glendale California, announced today that it had obtained, for sale, the very last, brand-new, unregistered Desmocedici D16RR available from Ducati North America. Pro Italia now has in stock the very last brand-new, un-registered Ducati Desmocedici RR Superbike available from Ducati North America; it is the last new Desmo west of the Mississippi and south of the Great White North. The total count of all available new Desmos in North America is a mere eight . . . including ours.
The others are located at these fine Ducatisti:• Battley Cycles, Gaithersburg, MD
• Gold Coast Motorsports, New Hyde Park, NY
• Duc Pond Motorsports, Winchester, VA
• Ducati de Puerto Rico, Carolina, PR
• Giant Motorsports, Chicago, IL
• TT Motorcycles, Clinton Township, MN
• Southwest Motorrad, Kelowna, BC, CanadaPro Italia sold the very first Desmo in the US (to much fanfare) in February 2008. Bill Nation, Dealer/Principal of Pro Italia noted that, "the Desmocedici D16RR is a one of a kind motorcycle, never to be duplicated." "It represents authentic MotoGP technology and Ducati excellence. When these last eight bikes are sold there will be no other new ones for sale in the US and an era will have ended."