Harley-Davidson gets the riding season off to a fast start at Daytona Bike Week 2010 with activities at a new location at Riverfront Park on Beach Street and a larger presence at the Daytona International Speedway.
The 69th Annual Daytona Bike Week 2010 renews the long tradition of riders, enthusiasts, bikes and racing all in the sun and sand of Daytona Beach, Fla. Attracting huge crowds of riders and motorcycle enthusiasts of all kinds from all places, Daytona Bike Week is a biker’s rite of spring not to be missed.
Harley-Davidson will welcome everyone to Daytona Bike Week 2010 at its exciting new location at Riverfront Park on Beach Street and with an array of Harley activities at Daytona International Speedway.
"Daytona Bike Week marks the start of the riding season, like New Year’s Day for motorcycle riders, and Harley-Davidson will be there to celebrate," said Steve Piehl, Harley-Davidson Director of Consumer Events. "Our new location at Riverfront Park is a showcase for custom Harley motorcycles, while our spot at the Speedway gives riders a chance to test ride any of our 70 demo bikes."
Harley-Davidson activities at the Riverfront Park on Beach Street will run from Friday, February 26 to Saturday, March 6, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Highlights include:
– Harley-Davidson Parts & Accessories and MotorClothes Products interactive experience: Check out the latest and greatest in customization and technology.
– Third Annual Harley-Davidson Women’s Ride (Tuesday, March 2)
– Harley-Davidson Ride-In Custom Bike Show (Wednesday, March 3)
– V-Rod Race Experience – Race your friends and win!
– Fit Shop customization activities
– Tattoo competition
– Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) bike build and raffle
– Food, beverage, music and free parking
Harley-Davidson activities at Daytona International Speedway near the Intersection of Midway Avenue and Richard Petty Boulevard will run from Saturday, February 27, to Saturday, March 6, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Highlights include:
– Harley-Davidson motorcycle demo rides
– Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) pin stop: Members get a free event pin
– H.O.G. Day, Saturday, Feb. 27: Members receive a special gift
– 2010 Harley-Davidson interactive motorcycle display
– Fit Shop motorcycle experience – see how any Harley can be custom fit
– Food, beverages, music and free parking
Motorcycle owners are invited to enter their Harley-Davidson motorcycles in the Ride-In Custom Bike Show on Wednesday, March 3. Registration is only $10, and will be at Riverfront Park on Beach Street from 9am-noon, with cash prizewinners in a variety of classes. Entries are open to the general public.
Harley-Davidson motorcycle demo rides will be available at Daytona International Speedway February 27 to March 6. Riders with a valid license and appropriate riding gear can test ride any 2010 Harley-Davidson motorcycle.