We’re finally getting a good look at the 2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660. While we don’t have a full spec sheet yet, that won’t stop us from letting you know what we know.
- The 2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660 is based on the same platform as the RS 660 and Tuono 660, according to Aprilia. We’re not sure what that means beyond the DOHC parallel-twin motor, which Aprilia says is “redesigned” and “fine-tuned to handle even the most demanding off-road riding.” Maximum output is 80 horsepower and 52 ft-lbs of torque. Other off-road-oriented updates include a low-profile oil sump for additional ground clearance and a high-mount exhaust.
- The ergonomics are “specifically designed for off-road riding.” Aprilia describes the Tuareg as having a “slender body volume.” The seat height is 33.8 inches, with a low-seat option.
- Aprilia describes the new 660 Adventure bike as having “long-travel suspension.” The Tuareg 660 features a fully-adjustable 43mm USD fork and progressive linkage shock, with 9.4 inches of travel at both ends. The wheelbase is 59 inches and the ground clearance is 9.5 inches.
- Wet weight is claimed to be 449 pounds. With its 4.75-gallon fuel tank filled, the Tuareg 660 is said to tip the scales at a competitive 449 pounds. That’s lighter than its direct competitors, the KTM 890 Adventure R and Yamaha Ténéré 700.
- There are electronics-galore on the new Tuareg 660. Four customizable Riding Modes are a great start. Adjustability includes power delivery, traction control, and engine braking. As an adventure-touring motorcycle, it has cruise control. To make it easy to set the electronics up, there’s a five-inch TFT dash. ABS is defeatable—either front-wheel only, or both wheels.
- Aprilia plans to offer a wide range of accessories. An owner can customize the Tuareg to be more off-road capable, or more comfortable for touring applications.
- The list price of the 2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660 starts at $11,999. At that price, you get the Acid Gold and Martian Red color options. Drop $12,599 on the table, and Indaco Tagelmust is yours. Aprilia describes the blue, white, and red Indaco Tagelmust as a nostalgic graphic. We think it looks great.
- Preordering starts on November 3 in Europe and November 10 in the United States. Delivery of the 2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660 commences in the February of 2022.