2018 Yamaha WR450F Updated: First Look Preview
1. The KYB fork gets updated for 2018. The pressure piston shape and holes have been changed, along with updated settings. These changes come from the YZ450FX and YZ450F race bikes. Also, there is a new fork seal wiper to increase reliability.
2. Race-ready Dunlop MX3S tires are now stock. This is a step-up from the previous Dunlop MX51 tires used on the WR450F. If you ride on soft-to-intermediate terrain, you’re set right out of the box. Tire size remains unchanged.
3. The e-start 2018 Yamaha WR450F no longer has a kickstarter. The removal saves weight and cost. With the kickstarter gone, Yamaha added a small additional guard for the header pipe.
4. There’s a new right-side plastic panel. We didn’t like the exposed electrics on the right side of the WR450F, and someone at Yamaha didn’t either. So, Yamaha added a small cover on the right side to hide and protect them. However, we haven’t seen the WR450F in person and, even after poring over photos of the bike and comparing it to the ’17, we can’t find the panel!
5. The 2018 Yamaha WR450F also gets new graphics and the rims are now blue, and the price is unchanged. MSRP remains $8099.
6. Everything that we liked about the WR450F remains unchanged. It is the tamed lighting-equipped enduro version of the YZ450FX off-road racer, with the engine tuned for environmental sensitivity. This makes it Green Sticker legal in California, and easier to convert to dual sport duties in motorcycle-friendly states.
2018 Yamaha WR450F Specs
- Type: 4-stroke single
- Displacement: 449cc
- Bore x stroke: 97.0mm x 60.8mm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Valve train: DOCH, four titanium valves
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin fuel injection w/ 44mm throttle body
- Ignition: Transistor controlled
- Transmission: Wide-ratio constant-mesh 5-speed
- Clutch: Wet multiplate
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable KYB spring-type fork w/ speed sensitive damping; 12.2 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Linkage-assisted fully adjustable KYB piggyback reservoir shock; 12.5 inches of travel
- Front tire: 80/100-21; Dunlop MX3S
- Rear tire: 120/90-18; Dunlop MX3S
- Front brake: 270mm disc
- Rear brake: 245mm disc
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 57.7 inches
- Rake: 26.3°
- Trail: 4.5 inches
- Ground clearance: 12.8 inches
- Seat height 38.0 inches
- Fuel capacity 2.0 gallons
- Wet weight: 271 pounds
2018 Yamaha WR450F Color:
- Team Yamaha Blue
2018 Yamaha WR450F Price:
2018 Yamaha WR450F First Look | Photo Gallery