2017 Beta 125 RR-S Dual Sport 7 Fast Facts
Italian motorcycle manufacturer Beta will be importing the all-new 2017 Beta 125 RR-S into the United States. It is unlike any other current dual sport bike, and will serve as an entry-level machine with an emphasis on dirt riding.
- The Italian-built engine in the 2017 Beta 125 RR-S is liquid-cooled. Air cooling is the standard in the United States when it comes to sub-200cc dual sport bikes. The Beta 125 RR-S gets a liquid-cooled motor with fan kit included for riding in demanding terrain and hot weather.
- The Beta motor uses a carburetor. Rather than fuel injection, which we’ve come to expect, there’s a 26mm Mikuni feeding the undersquare mill. The 125 RR-S does have electric starting and a six-speed transmission, however.
- The 2017 Beta 125 RR-S is a relatively tall bike. With a seat height of 35.5 inches, the 125 RR-S is taller than a Honda CRF250L or Yamaha XT250, but shorter than a Yamaha WR250R.
- Light weight will make the Beta RR-S easy to handle. At a claimed 219 pounds dry, it compares favorably with the Suzuki DR200S and Yamaha TW200, both of which tip the scales at a claimed 278 pounds wet.
- Real suspension is included with the Beta 125 RR-S. While not likely to be adjustable for anything other than spring-preload, the suspension controls over 10 inches of travel at both ends. The forks are 41mm inverted units, while the rear shock has linkage assistance.
- High quality tires means the 125 RR-S will be off-road capable. Just like the larger, hard-core off-road Betas, the 125 gets Michelin Enduro Competition tires that are DOT-legal. The wheels are full-sized at 21 inches in the front and 18 inches in the rear, and both have disc braking.
- The price of the 2017 Beta 125 RR-S is competitive. Even with a molybdenum frame and aluminum swingarm, the MSRP of the 2017 Beta 125 RR-S is just $4999.
2017 Beta 125 RR-S Specs
Front Suspension: 41 mm USD forks; 10.3 inches of travel
Rear Suspension: Steel body shock w/adjustable spring preload; 10.6 inches of travel
Front Brake: 260mm disc
Rear Brake: 220mm disc
Rims f/r: 21”/18”
Tires: Michelin Enduro Competition (DOT-legal)
Footpeg height: 15.7 inches
Fuel tank capacity: 1.6 gallons
Claimed dry weight: 219 pounds
Warranty: 12 month Limited Warranty
2017 Beta 125 RR-S Price: $4999 MSRP