2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT
Although it has the trappings of an adventure bike, the 2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT is definitely a sport-touring mount.
Sharing the motor used to power the sport-focused Ninja 1000, the 1000 LT will be ready for high-speed riding. Technology is not in short supply, as the Versys 1000 LT has three-mode traction control, power modes, a slipper clutch, ABS, and an indicator to help reduce fuel consumptino.
KYB does the long-travel suspension (though this is an on-road bike) and the 28-liter hard saddlebags have a quick-release system.
Read our Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT Specs:
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, inline-4
- Displacement: 1043cc
- Bore x stroke: 77 x 56mm
- Compression ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel system: DFI w/ four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies w/ oval sub-throttles
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Front suspension: Inverted 43mm KYB forks w/ rebound damping and spring preload adjustability; 5.9 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Horizontally mounted shock w/ rebound damping and spring preload adjustability; 5.9 inches of travel
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear tire: 180/55 ZR17
- Front brakes: Dual 310mm petal rotors w/ radial-mount 4-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 250mm petal rotor w/ 2-piston caliper
- ABS: Standard
- Frame: Twin-spar aluminum
- Rake: 27°
- Trail: 4.0 inches
- Wheelbase: 59.8 inches
- Overall length: 88.2 inches
- Overall width: 40.4 inches
- Overall height: 55.1-57.7 inches
- Ground clearance: 5.9 inches
- Seat height: 33.1 inches
- Curb weight: 549 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 5.5 gallons
- Warranty: 12-month limites
2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT Colors:
- Candy Lime Green/Metallic Spark Black
2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT Price:
- MSRP $12,999
2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT – Photo Gallery