2016 Ducati Diavel | Buyer’s Guide
Ducati’s first cruiser in decades has turned out to be a great success. Using the potent Testastretta 11° powerplant, the Diavel is lacking for neither grunt nor raw horsepower. Yes, it has to be revved up a bit to access its nearly 100 ft/lbs or torque and 160+ horsepower, but there’s plenty of power off-peak.
Being a Ducati, the Diavel has excellent handing and top-notch suspension. If you’re wondering if it is truly capable of handling the twisties, the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II rubber should answer the question.
Braking comes from a pair of radially mounted Brembo Monoblock calipers and 320mm disc. ABS is standard, as is a wide variety of electronic enhancements thanks to the ride-by-wire system.
Read our Ducati Diavel Review.
Visit our Motorcycling Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Ducati Diavel Specs:
- Type: Liquid-cooled Testastretta 11° L-twin w/ four desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder
- Displacement: 1198cc
- Bore x stroke: 106 x 67.9mm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Max Power: 162 horsepower @ 9250 rpm
- Max Torque: 96 ft/lbs @ 8000 rpm
- Fuel injection: Elliptical throttle bodies, fully ride-by-wire controlled
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler with aluminum tips; catalyzer and 2 lambda probes
- Transmission: 6-speed w/ straight cut gears
- Final drive: Chain drive; 15/43
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable inverted 50mm Marzocchi fork with DLC-treatment; 4.7 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Fully adjustable rear shock w/ progressive linkage, remote spring preload adjustment, and single-sided aluminum swingarm; 4.7 inches of travel
- Front wheel: Lightweight alloy, 14-spoke w/ machined finish; 3.50″ x 17″
- Rear wheel: Lightweight alloy, 14-spoke w/ machined finish, 8.00″ x 17″
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Rear tire: 240/45 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
- Front brake: Twin 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially attached Brembo Monoblock 4-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 265mm disc, 2-piston floating caliper
- ABS: Standard
- Wheelbase: 62.2 inches
- Rake: 28 degrees
- Seat height: 30.3 inches
- Fuel tank capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Wet Weight: 527 pounds
2016 Ducati Diavel Price:
- From $18,795
2016 Ducati Diavel Photo Gallery