2016 Honda Shadow Phantom | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
Rough, ready, and back to basics, the Honda Shadow Phantom is available in any color you like, as long as it’s Matte Silver Metallic or Black. It shares the same platform and engine as other Shadows, so it stands out with its minimalist styling that is definitely cool metro.
A plump 160mm 15-inch tire holds court in the rear, and a beefy 120mm 17-inch tire handles steering chores. A shaft drive keeps maintenance simple and the bike clean. Handling is quite good, and the seating position comfortable for all-day rides in the canyons or through town.
Read our 2016 Honda Shadow Phantom Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
- Engine: 745cc liquid-cooled 52o V-twin
- Bore x stroke: 79 x 76mm
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Carburetion: PGM-FI w/ 34mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital w/ 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final drive: Shaft
- Front suspension: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
- Rear suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
- Front brake: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: 180mm drum
- Front tire: 120/90-17
- Rear tire: 160/80-15
- Wheelbase: 64.6 inches
- Seat height: 25.8 inches
- Curb weight: 549 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
- EPA fuel consumption estimate: 56 mpg
2016 Honda Shadow Colors:
- Light Silver Metallic
2016 Shadow Phantom Price:
- MSRP $7499