2016 Santa Clara 250SX Results
The Western Regional 250SX series headed back to the West Coast Saturday for round eight at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., and the action was intense from the opening lap.
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Zach Osborne earned his first SupercrossLive.com Holeshot Award of the season. He was followed by Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha’s Mitchell Harrison and Motorcycle Superstore Suzuki’s Kyle Cunningham. Yamalube/Star Racing Yamaha made the pass on Cunningham in the first few turns for third position.
Webb found himself in sixth place on the first lap, just ahead of Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Joey Savatgy. The two championship contenders put on a charge through the field, making their way to the front.
Martin passed his teammate Harrison for second place on lap four. Webb passed Harrison for third place on the following lap as well. Webb then made the pass on Martin on lap seven while Savatgy passed Martin the lap after.
Webb began to close in on race leader Zach Osborne and passed him on lap eleven to take over the lead. Webb went on to claim his fifth 250SX Class victory of the season, and the eleventh of his career.
“It wasn’t one of my better starts, but I plugged away,” said Webb. “Zach [Osborne] was riding good tonight, but fortunately I was able to catch him towards the end to make a pass and grab another win.”
Osborne finish the race in second and Savatgy rounded out the podium in third.
“I’m pretty happy with the race overall,” said Osborne. “The track was tricky, becoming slippery as the race wore on. I gave it my best effort, which was three laps short [of the win] tonight.”
Webb leads the Western Regional 250SX Class standings, 16 points ahead of Savatgy. GEICO Honda’s Christian Craig sits 23 points behind in third.
Photography by Simon Cudby
2016 Santa Clara 250SX Results – Levi’s Stadium.
- Cooper Webb – Yamaha YZ250F
- Zach Osborne – Husqvarna FC250
- Joey Savatgy – Kawasaki KX250F
- Christian Craig – Honda CRF250R
- Mitchell Oldenburg – KTM 250SX-F
- Colt Nichols – Yamaha YZ250F
- Jordon Smith – Honda CRF250R
- Kyle Peters – Honda CRF250R
- Alex Martin – Yamaha YZ250F
- Michael Leib – Yamaha YZ250F
- Jimmy Decotis – Honda CRF250R
- Kyle Cunningham – Suzuki RM-Z250
- Noah Mcconahy – Husqvarna FC250
- Chris Alldredge – Kawasaki KZ250F
- Scott Champion – Yamaha YZ250F
- Chris Howell – Husqvarna FC250
- Ryan Breece – Yamaha YZ250F
- Mitchell Harrison – Yamaha YZ250F
- Fredrik Noren – Honda CRF250R
- Blake Lily – KTM 250SX-F
- Cole Martinez – Yamaha YZ250F
- Hayden Mellross– Yamaha YZ250F