2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
Taking elements of the classic long-and-low cruiser styling and incorporating them into the Sportster ethos, the 1200 Custom has more attitude than you’d expect from a smaller Harley.
Relatively fat tires front (130mm) and back (150mm) on 16-inch wheels, a minimalist front fender, forward controls, lots of chrome and dual staggered mufflers give the 1200 Custom at tough appearance. For 2016, the 1200 Custom gets new shocks, cartridge forks, and an improved seat.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom Specs:
- Engine: Evolution V-twin
- Displacement: 73.4 cubic inches (1202cc)
- Fuel system: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection
- Front tire: Michelin Scorcher 31; 130/90B16 73H
- Rear tire: Michelin Scorcher 31; 150/80B16 77H
- Wheels: Chrome cast aluminum
- Right lean angle: 26.2 degrees
- Left lean angle: 28.3 degrees
- Length: 87.6 inches
- Seat height (laden): 26.6 inches
- Seat height (unladen): 28 inches
- Ground clearance: 4.3 inches
- Fork angle: 30 degrees
- Trail: 4.2 inches
- Wheelbase: 60.2 inches
- Weight (as shipped): 559 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 4.5 gallons
2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom Price:
- MSRP from $10,899