2016 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
With a low seat that tapers to a narrow point just short of the fuel tank, the 2016 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim is a welcoming machine to riders moving up to a big-inch bike for the first time.
Power is both plentiful and controllable, thanks to the new-for-’16 High Output Twin Cam 103B motor and new air cleaner cover. Ergonomics trend toward cruising, rather than long-distance or aggressive riding.
Black parts outnumber shiny bits, and fat 16-inch Dunlop complete the look, as Harley-Davidson goes for the 1950s custom bobber feel on the Softail Slim.
Read our Harley-Davidson Softail Slim Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
2016 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim Specs:
- Engine: High Output Twin Cam 103B
- Displacement: 103.1 cubic inches (1690cc)
- Fuel system: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection
- Front tire: Dunlop D402F MT90B16 72H
- Rear tire: Dunlop D402 MU85B16 77H
- Wheels: Laced Steel
- Right lean angle: 24 degrees
- Left lean angle: 24.9 degrees
- Length: 92.3 inches
- Seat height (laden): 23.8 inches
- Seat height (unladen): 28.2 inches
- Ground clearance: 4.9 inches
- Fork angle: 31 degrees
- Trail: 5.8 inches
- Wheelbase: 64.4 inches
- Weight (as shipped): 677 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 5 gallons
2016 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim Price:
- MSRP From $14,899