2016 Honda Rebel | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
There may not be a more ubiquitous starter bike than the Honda Rebel. Its 234cc parallel-twin motor is still air-cooled and fed by a single carburetor, keeping things extremely simple.
Incredibly welcoming and friendly to the new rider, the motor still has enough power to be freeway-legal and keep up with traffic around town.
Ergonomics are compact, giving the rider plenty of physical control over the Rebel. With decades of experience under its belt, there are few platforms better sorted out than this classic twin-shock cruiser.
Read our Honda Rebel Review.
Visit our Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide.
- Engine: 234cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 53 x 53mm
- Compression ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Induction: Single 26mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor
- Ignition: CD
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring- sealed chain
- Front: 33mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 2.9 inches travel
- Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front: 3.00-18
- Wheelbase: 57.1 inches
- Rake: 30.6 degrees
- Trail: 4.4 inches
- Seat height: 26.6 inches
- Curb weight: 331 pounds
- Fuel capacity: 2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
- EPA estimated fuel consumption: 84 mpg
- Warranty: One year, transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available
2016 Honda Rebel Colors:
- Candy Red
2016 Honda Rebel Price:
- MSRP $4190