2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
World Superbike ready, the 2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS is the pinnacle of Aprilia performance. With over 200 horsepower available at the crank, the RSV4 RF also has high-end Öhlins suspension, an Öhlins steering damper, and a track ready suite of electronic riding aids.
Using ride-by-wire, traction controls choices are seemingly endless, as well as self-calibrating and adjustable on-the-fly. The Race ABS system has three levels, which include Rear Lift-up Mitigation. The Superpole graphics are well-named and only 200 examples of the RF will be produced.
Read our Aprilia RSVR RF Review
2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS Specs:
- Type: Liquid-cooled DOHC 65° V4
- Displacement: 1000cc
- Maximum power (at crankshaft): 201 horsepower @ 13,000 rpm
- Maximum torque (at crankshaft): 86 ft/pounds at 10,500 rpm
- Fuel system: 4 Weber-Marelli 48mm throttle bodies w/ 4 injectors; three engine maps
- Exhaust: 4-into-2-into-1
- Gearbox: Cassette-style 6-speed w/ electronic quickshift
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Frame: Twin spar with pressed and cast aluminum
- Steering damper: Adjustable Öhlins
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable 43mm Öhlins inverted forks; 4.7 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Fully adjustable linkage-assisted Öhlins piggyback shock; 5.1 inches of travel
- Front brakes: Dual 320mm stainless steel floating discs w/ Brembo M432 monoblock radial calipers and steel-braided brake hoses.
- Rear brake: 220mm stainless steel disc w/ 2-piston Brembo caliper and steel-braided brake hose.
- ABS: Multi-map Bosch 9MP (defeatable)
- Wheels Material: Aluminum alloy
- Front tire: 120/70×17 ZR radial tubeless
- Rear tire: 200/55×17 ZR radial tubeless
- L x W x H: 80.3 x 29 x 44 inches
- Seat height: 32.5 inches
- Fuel tank capacity: 4.9 gallons
- Dry weight: 398 pounds
- Warranty: 2-year unlimited-mileage warranty w/ 1-year roadside assistance provided by Road America.
2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS Color:
2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS Price:
- MSRP – $21,999