2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack | Motorcycle Buyer’s GuideThe 2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack is a touring machine with standard ABS and bags, and an adventure flavor. With roots in the now-discontinued Dorsoduro 1200 supermoto machine, you know the handling is Caponord is sporty, it it weighs only a claimed 502 pounds dry.However, The V-twin motor puts out a claimed 125 horsepower and nearly 85 ft/lbs of torque at the crankshaft, putting it in with the more docile open-class adventure tourers. The Caponord gets the full array of Aprilia electronics, including traction control and Aprilia Dynamic Damping suspension.
Read our Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack Review.
2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack Specs:ENGINE
- Type: Liquid-cooled DOHC 90° V-twin
- Displacement: 1197 cc
- Maximum power (at crankshaft): 125 horsepower @ 8250 rpm
- Maximum torque (at crankshaft): 84.6 ft/pounds at 6800 rpm
- Fuel system: Two injectors per cylinder; ride-by-wire w/ three power maps
- Exhaust system: Stainless steel, 2-in-1
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Traction control: Standard
- Frame: Modular tubular steel frame w/ aluminum side plates; removable steel rear subframe
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable Sachs 43mm upside-down fork. Rebound and compression damping electronically managed
- Rear suspension: Sachs dynamic rear monoshock absorber. Adjustable or automatic setting for spring preload w/ electronically controlled rebound and compression damping
- Front brakes: Dual 320mm stainless steel floating discs w/ Brembo M432 monoblock four-piston radial calipers and steel-braided brake hoses.
- Rear brakes: 240mm stainless steel disc w/ Brembo 34mm 2-piston caliper and steel-braided brake hose.
- ABS: Standard; 2-channel
- Wheels Material: Aluminum alloy with three split spokes.
- Front tire: 120/70-R17 Radial tubeless
- Rear tire: 180/55-17 Radial tubeless
- Length: 88.3 inches
- Width: 56.6 inches
- Seat height: 33 inches
- Dry weight: 502 pounds
- Fuel tank capacity: 6.3 gallons
- Warranty: 2-year unlimited-mileage warranty w/ 1-year roadside assistance provided by Road America.
2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack Colors:
2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack Price:
- MSRP – $15,499