2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack | Motorcycle Buyer’s Guide
The 2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack is a touring machine with standard ABS and bags, and an adventure flavor. With roots in the now-discontinued Dorsoduro 1200 supermoto machine, you know the handling is Caponord is sporty, it it weighs only a claimed 502 pounds dry.
However, The V-twin motor puts out a claimed 125 horsepower and nearly 85 ft/lbs of torque at the crankshaft, putting it in with the more docile open-class adventure tourers. The Caponord gets the full array of Aprilia electronics, including traction control and Aprilia Dynamic Damping suspension.
2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack Specs:
- Type: Liquid-cooled DOHC 90° V-twin
- Displacement: 1197 cc
- Maximum power (at crankshaft): 125 horsepower @ 8250 rpm
- Maximum torque (at crankshaft): 84.6 ft/pounds at 6800 rpm
- Fuel system: Two injectors per cylinder; ride-by-wire w/ three power maps
- Exhaust system: Stainless steel, 2-in-1
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Traction control: Standard
- Frame: Modular tubular steel frame w/ aluminum side plates; removable steel rear subframe
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable Sachs 43mm upside-down fork. Rebound and compression damping electronically managed
- Rear suspension: Sachs dynamic rear monoshock absorber. Adjustable or automatic setting for spring preload w/ electronically controlled rebound and compression damping
- Front brakes: Dual 320mm stainless steel floating discs w/ Brembo M432 monoblock four-piston radial calipers and steel-braided brake hoses.
- Rear brakes: 240mm stainless steel disc w/ Brembo 34mm 2-piston caliper and steel-braided brake hose.
- ABS: Standard; 2-channel
- Wheels Material: Aluminum alloy with three split spokes.
- Front tire: 120/70-R17 Radial tubeless
- Rear tire: 180/55-17 Radial tubeless
- Length: 88.3 inches
- Width: 56.6 inches
- Seat height: 33 inches
- Dry weight: 502 pounds
- Fuel tank capacity: 6.3 gallons
- Warranty: 2-year unlimited-mileage warranty w/ 1-year roadside assistance provided by Road America.
2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack Colors:
2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack Price:
- MSRP – $15,499