2016 Honda CBR500R Specs
Honda has revised its mid-level supersport – the CBR500R – for 2016. The update highlights include a more aggressive look due to bodywork that mocks the CBR600RR supersport, and added safety and styling due to LED headlights and taillights.
Other updates include an exhaust revised for improved mass centralization, an adjustable front brake lever, smoother gear-change feel, a larger fuel tank with a hinged fuel cap and front suspension with adjustable preload.
The 2016 Honda CBR500R arrives with a 471cc inline twin that produces real-world streetability due to its strong low- and mid-range torque. Honda also offers loads of accessories for its new CBR 500 R, including a high windscreen, seat cowl, tank pad, 12v accessory socket and seat bag.
Honda has yet to release a price, but expect to pay around $6,500. The supersport is available in three colors – Red, Pearl White, and Matte Black Metallic. It will be available in the USA in early 2016.
- “Aggressive Speed Shape” is its styling concept, and the new CBR500R is equipped with a new LED dual headlight. From the striking, more forward-slanted front face to the rear area designed as if it’s swinging up with a new LED tail lamp, the overall form and edgy character lines give expression to a dynamic flow in the wind.
- The new irregular shaped cross-section muffler’s internal structure has been changed to achieve further mass concentration, generating crisp exhaust sounds, accenting the low tones.
- The newly designed, larger-capacity fuel tank also has a hinged fuel cap, improving user-friendliness when refueling.
- The front suspension is equipped with a preload adjuster system.
- The brake lever adjustment mechanism assures good fit in the hands of a wide range of riders.
2016 Honda CBR500R Specs:
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.3 inches travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 degrees
- Trail: 103mm (4.05 inches)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 inches
- Seat Height: 30.9 inches
- Curb Weight: 425 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gallons
- Miles Per Gallon: TBD
- Model Id: CBR500R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red, Matte Black Metallic, Pearl White