MotoAmerica 2016 ScheduleUpdate from December 10 – New Jersey Motorcycles Park is hosting rounds three and nine of 2016 MotoAmerica; updated schedule belowFollowing a successful debut as North America’s new road racing series, MotoAmerica has announced its tentative 2016 calendar.
So far seven of nine races are secured on the MotoAmerica 2016 schedule with the opening round slated for April 8-10 at Circuit of the Americas in Texas. This round will run in conjunction with MotoGP. The 2016 MotoAmerica season is once again set to conclude at New Jersey Motorsports Park in September 2016.“We’ve been working hard to nail down a schedule as soon as possible because we know how important it is to the teams, sponsors and fans,” said MotoAmerica partner Chuck Aksland. “Right now we have seven events ready to go. The seven rounds we have secured are racetracks we visited this year. We were pleased with our events at those facilities and the tracks are happy to have us return in 2016. The schedule will continue to grow in the coming weeks.”The other two rounds on the 2015 schedule were Miller Motorsports Park in Utah, and Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which was dropped from the 2016 MotoGP schedule.In addition to the Superbike/Superstock 1000, Supersport and Bazzaz Superstock 600 class, the KTM RC Cup Series will also return to the MotoAmerica Series for 2016; MotoAmerica will release the KTM RC Cup Series schedule soon.During the inagurual MotoAmerica season, Yamaha YZF-R1 and YZF-R6 machinery claimed all titles. Riding R1 machinery, Cameron Beaubier topped four-time AMA SuperBike Champion Josh Hayes to secure the Superbike title; Jake Gagne earned the Superstock 1000 title. JD Beach took the Supersport title aboard an R6, and Joe Roberts the Superstock 600 title. In the KTM RC 390 Cup, Gage McAllister secured the title.
2016 MotoAmerica Series Schedule
- April 8-10: Circuit of The Americas, Austin, Texas
- April 15-17: Road Atlanta, Braselton, Georgia
- April 29-May 1: New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, New Jersey
- May 13-15: Virginia International Raceway, Danville, Virginia
- June 3-5: Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
- June 10-12: Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Alabama
- June 23-25: Utah Motorsports Campus, Tooele, Utah
- July 8-10: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey, California
- September 9-11: New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, New Jersey