2015 VIR MotoAmerica Events Schedule
MotoAmerica – North America’s new road-racing series spearheaded by three-time 500cc GP Champion Wayne Rainey – heads to VIRginia International Raceway in Danville, Va., this weekend for round three.Besides the on-track action of the four classes – Superbike, Superstock 1000, Supersport and Superstock 600 – MotoAmerica has many fan festivities planned for both on and off the track May 15-17.
As MotoAmerica heads to VIR, Yamaha machinery is leading the way; Yamalube/Graves Yamaha’s Garrett Gerloff leads in Supersport, and Monster Energy Graves Yamaha’s Cameron Beaubier in Superbike.Following are the list of events scheduled for VIR MotoAmerica
- On Friday, May 15, the MotoAmerica Bicycle Challenge will hit the 2.25-mile North Course at VIR with cyclists getting the chance to test their fitness without having to worry about cars, potholes or curbs. The Bicycle Challenge is included in the price of your ticket. The ride will take place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- A beer garden will be located at the Pavilion on Saturday and Sunday and the covered area offers a great view of the on-track action.
- A Kids Zone will be located behind the Pagoda Grill area with inflatables provided by Caswell Bounce House.
- Kelly Mullan will be entertaining on the deck of the Oak Tree Tavern on Friday at 6 p.m. with Jason Springs providing the entertainment on Saturday night.
- The AntiTeam Motorcycle Stunt Team, presented by Black Tie Limo, will be performing two shows on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Two local artists will perform the National Anthem during pre-race ceremonies on Saturday and Sunday. Matt Boswell will present the National Anthem on Saturday while Ray Martin will perform on Sunday.
- The Dunlop Fan Walk will take place on Sunday from 10:15 to 11 a.m., giving spectators a chance to get autographs from their favorite MotoAmerica stars from all classes.
- Nationally known artist Justin Lee will perform a concert on Saturday from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Lee’s performance is being sponsored by Bar 119 and Jibtopia Wake Park.
- Fan rides will be held both days at VIR, with fans getting the chance to ride their motorcycles around the racetrack. The fan ride is $20.
- Come visit the Motorcycle Superstore Vending Village, presented by Riders Insurance, to visit all the vendors, Suzuki Demo rides, Stunt show and much more.
Tickets are still available for the MotoAmerica Superbike Challenge at VIRginia International Raceway. To purchase tickets, Click Here