2015 250SX East/West Shootout Results from Las Vegas
The final round of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship Series visited Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas. The UNLV stadium featured a long technical track with tight corners and slick surfaces to challenge the riders.
The Las Vegas race differs for the 250SX class in that both the East and West Regional classes come to race each other in the coveted Dave Coombs Sr. East/West Shootout.
Red Bull KTM’s Marvin Musquin, who won the Eastern Regional 250SX Class Championship last week, started the East/West Shootout race by grabbing the SupercrossLive.com Holeshot Award. GEICO Honda riders RJ Hampshire and Malcolm Stewart followed in second and third, respectively.
Stewart passed Hampshire on the opening lap for second place. Hampshire held down the number three position until lap 11, when his teammate Matt Bisceglia passed him and secured the final position on the podium. Stewart earned his best Las Vegas finish in second, besting his fifth-place finishes in 2011 and 2014. Musquin went on to dominate for his first victory in Sam Boyd Stadium in his final 250SX Class race.
“I felt comfortable all day today,” stated Musquin. “I have a lot of confidence on my bike because I know it is the best one out there and that comes through in how I ride. I’m really excited to take the shootout win tonight and want to extend my thanks to my entire team.
“It’s like a dream come true. I have never won in Las Vegas before and I used to watch this race back in the day when I was a kid, but tonight it’s my turn. To win my very last supercross race on a 250 is awesome.”
Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha’s Cooper Webb, who won the Western Regional 250SX Class Championship, missed the Main Event after sustaining an ankle injury in first practice. Coming into tonight’s race the Eastern and Western Regions were tied in Dave Coombs Sr. East/West Shootout victories, and Musquin’s win gave the Eastern Region the edge with the region’s 10th win. Musquin closes out his 2015 campaign with seven victories.
Photography by Simon Cudby
2015 250SX East/West Shootout Results:
1. Marvin Musquin – KTM 250SX-F Factory Edition
2. Malcolm Stewart – Honda CRF250R
3. Matthew Bisceglia – Honda CRF250R
4. Aaron Plessinger – Yamaha YZ250F
5. Alex Martin – Yamaha YZ250F
6. Zach Osborne – Husqvarna FC250
7. RJ Hampshire – Honda CRF250R
8. Cole Martinez – Yamaha YZ250F
9. Shane McElrath – KTM 250SX-F Factory Edition
10. Kyle Peters – Honda CRF250R
11. Mitchell Oldenburg – Yamaha YZ250F
12. Zack Bell – Husqvarna FC250
13. Gannon Audette – Kawasaki KX250F
14. Luke Renzland – Yamaha YZ250F
15. AJ Catanzaro – Suzuki RM-Z250
16. Scott Champion – Yamaha YZ250F
17. Justin Starling – Yamaha YZ250F
18. Josh Hansen – Kawasaki KX250F
19. Anthony Rodriguez – Yamaha YZ250F
20. Preston Mull – Yamaha YZ250F
21. Nick Desiderio – Yamaha YZ250F
22. Justin Hill – KTM 250SX-F Factory Edition