8 Must-See 2015 Ducatis at IMS Long Beach
Ducati has a nice mix of new bikes, updated machines, and accessorized rides at Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, Calif. Whether you tour, hit the track, or bop around downtown, Ducati has a bike for you to check out.
1. 2015 Ducati Superbike 1299 Panigale: It doesn’t look much different that the 1199 iteration, but it’s difficult to get tired of looking at a bike this beautiful. While you gaze, feel free to dream of the 116mm piston and 205 horsepower that the 2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale offers, along with a wide array of electronics.
2. 2015 Ducati Scrambler Lineup: Ducati had them all there, including the Icon, Urban Enduro, Classic and Full Throttle versions. It’s a lot of fun getting together with your friends and arguing which of the four 2015 Ducati Scramblers is the best. Personally, my choice seems to change every time I look at all four, but right now I’m leaning toward the Classic with its traditional wire wheels.
3. 2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200: This stripped down version doesn’t have the bags you’ll need for a long trip, but that’s easily remedied. What you can see is the new Ducati Testastretta DVT (Desmodromic Variable Timing) motor. On the outside, you can check out the new styling, and ponder the incredible number of choices the electronics package offers, including ABS cornering.
4. 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon and Monster 1200 S. The muscular Diavel Carbon’s use of forged Marchesini wheels and carbon fiber are quite pleasing to the eye, as is the LED headlight and 162 horsepower Testastretta powerplant. The Monster 1200 lurking in the background of the photo has been tricked out with Ducati accessories, including the carbon fiber Termignoni mufflers (which you also can enjoy on the Diavel Carbon).
5. Cutaway Testastretta Motor: The sound of Ducatis provides endless fascination, so it’s nice to get a look inside the creator of the symphony. This cutaway is of a motor out of the 1199 Panigale.
Photography by Don Williams and Jonathan Handler