2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000
Yes – you read that correctly. Suzuki’s newest streetfighter, the GSX-S1000, is a 2016. The Japanese manufacturer will release the new naked sport bike as an early 2016 model nine months or so ahead of 2016.
This is not just a naked GSX-R1000; the GSX-S1000 arrives with a entirely-new frame, and though the inline four was transplanted from the GSX-R, it receives a revised tune for better street manners.
Three versions are available – the GSX-S1000, the GSX-S1000 ABS, and the GSX-S1000F ABS. All version feature the 999c long-stroke inline four that’s tuned for enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range, and angular radiator shrouds that “enhance the aggressive image and aid cooling performance.”
The non-F versions (no fairing) has a single headlight, and the F version arrives with a small fairing, short windscreen and dual-headlight. The F model also arrives standard with Suzuki’s digital Antilock Brake System (ABS) that monitors wheel speed and matches stopping power to available traction.
The Suzuki GSX-S1000 features a three-mode traction control system, KYB inverted front forks, and Renthal aluminum Fatbar handlebars.
As of this report all versions are available in one color only – Metallic Triton Blue. Pricing and addition colors will be announced soon. Suzuki is also offering a 2015 GSX-S750. Following are the features and specs of the 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000.
2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000/ABS and GSX-S1000F ABS:
- 999cc long-stroke four-cylinder powerplant brings enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range.
- Finely tuned fuel injection with 10-hole injectors feeding the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system for more complete combustion, reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
- Iridium spark plugs produce a strong spark for efficient combustion.
- Three-mode traction-control system lets riders choose the optimum ignition-timing setup for their riding style.
- Newly designed lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum frame.
- Distinctive and aggressively style body work, whether rider wants a fairing or naked-bike style.
- The front disc brakes are equipped with the top-of-the –line radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers.
- KYB adjustable, inverted front fork.
- Renthal aluminum Fatbar handlebars are lightweight and reduce vibration.
- Full LCD instrument cluster is lightweight and features a speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual trip meter, clock, water temperature gauge, gear position indicator, average and instant fuel consumption readout and more.
2015 Suzuki GSX-S1000 & GSX-S1000F, GSX-S1000F ABS Specs:
- Engine type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, in-line four
- Engine displacement: 999cc
- Bore x stroke: 73.4 mm x 59 mm
- Fuel system: Suzuki Fuel injection
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Ignition system: Electronic ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Overall Length: 2,115 mm (83.2 in.)
- Overall Width: 795 mm (31.3 in.)
- Overall Height: 1,080 mm (42.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: TBA
- Ground clearance: 140 mm (5.5 in.)
- Seat height: 815 mm (32.0 in.)
- Curb mass: TBA
- Suspension, Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension, Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes, Front: Disc brake, twin
- Brakes, Rear: Disc brake
- Tires, Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
- Tires, Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
- Fuel tank capacity: 17 L (4.5 U.S. gal.)
- Colors: Metallic Triton Blue