Motor Trike Launches IRS Trike Conversion for Harley Softail
Motor Trike, Inc., has released an all-new independent suspension conversion for the Harley-Davidson Softail family of bikes. The “Spartan” conversion will fit 1994 – present Harley Softail models.
The launch of the Spartan makes this the 12 IRS conversion in Motor Trike’s arsenal.
“Our customers requested that we design and develop an IRS for the Softail family. They had expressed disappointment in what was available to them in the market and asked us to consider bringing our suspension expertise to the Softail family,” said Motor Trike President, Jeff Vey.
Motor Trike incorporates the standard Harley-Davidson tail lights into the body. The flare of the rear fenders give the Spartan a more nostalgic look, complimented nicely by the upgraded wire wheels. The Spartan comes standard with Motor Trike’s patented air-ride suspension along with 4 inches of suspension travel, making it the softest Softail ride in the industry.
The conversion is designed to fit 1994 and newer models of the Heritage Softail (FLST), Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC), Softail Deluxe (FLSTN) and the Fatboy (FLSTF).
The Softail Spartan will be on display starting this Saturday, August 2, 2014 through Sunday, August 10 at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Those interested can stop by Motor Trike’s booth at the corner of 8th and Lazelle Streets. Motor Trike is currently taking orders for the Softail Spartan kit at a starting price of $8,995.
For additional information, visit Motor Trike.
- 55” Overall Width
- 64.5” Wheelbase Length (no rake) 67.55” (with rake)
- 103” Overall Length
- 1,100 lbs Total Weight
- Unequal Length Upper and Lower Control Arm Suspension
- 4.0 Cubic Foot Trunk
- Independent Rear Suspension
- On-Board Air Compressor
- Patented Air Ride Suspension
- Over 4″ of Suspension Travel
- Progressive Coil Over Shocks
- Integrated Disc Brake System
- Trunk Light on Interior of Door
- Hidden Trunk Door Hinges
- Aluminum Torque Thrust Wheels
- 12 Volt Power Outlet in Trunk
- LED Air Suspension & Voltmeter Readout
- Uses Stock Exhaust
- Belt Drive
- Front and Rear Billet Aluminum Wheels
- Fender Bras
- Front End Rake Kit
- ABS Integration
- Parking Brake Kit
- Trailer With Complimentary Styling
- Trailer Hitch Assembly
- Trailer Wiring Harness With 6 Pin Connector
- Chrome Nerf Bumper
- Trunk Carpet
- Embroidered Trunk Mat
- Mechanical Reverse Gear
- Electric Reverse Gear
- Trike Cover
- Chrome Fender Trim
- Color-Match Paint