2014 Victory Cross Roads Classic
For 2014, Victory returns with its Cross Roads Classic, a bagger with the latest in motorcycle technology combined with a retro look.
The highlight of the Classic is the ample dressing of the machine in chrome, which includes laced wheels, a light bar, driving lights and studs on the saddlebags. Further adding to the classical aesthetics are the chrome fender bumpers that hark back to 1950s Americana.
The Cross Roads Classic is powered by Victory’s Freedom 106/6 90-degree V-Twin, which produces 106 ft/lbs of torque. The 90-degree, V-Twin powerplant is hooked to a smooth-shifting, six-speed gear box with a wide ratio for always having the correct gear based on speed.
The Cross Roads Classic features a two-piece cast aluminum frame, and the engine is rigid mounted, helping to improve handling. The 65.7-inch wheelbase allows the chassis to remain stable, and the 29-degrees of rake provides solidity in the corners.
The Classic’s suspension features 43mm inverted cartridge telescopic forks up front with 5.1-inches of travel, and a single, mono-tube gas cast aluminum shock out back with 4.7-inches of travel and air adjustability.
Stopping the Cross Roads Classic are dual 300mm floating discs up front squeezed by four-piston calipers, and a single 300mm floating disc out back squeezed by a two-piston caliper. ABS is standard.
The 2014 Victory Cross Roads Classic, available in one color – Two-Tone Bronze Mist and Khaki – carries an MSRP of $17,999 stateside ($16,249 in California). Following are the features and specs of the 2014 Victory Classic. For info on the other new Cross Roads models, click the following: 2014 Victory Cross Roads 8-Ball.
2014 Victory Cross Roads Classic Features:
- Chrome light bar and driving lights
- Chrome laced wheels with whitewall tires
- Studded plush Seat
- Soft, studded saddlebags with chrome trim and Victory branded buckles
- Chrome fender bumpers
- Quick-release windshield
- ABS brakes
2014 Victory Cross Roads Classic Specs:
- Engine type: 4-stroke, 50-degree V-Twin
- Cooling system: Air/Oil
- Displacement: 106 ci/ 1731cc
- Bore x Stroke: 101 X 108mm
- Compression ratio: 9.4:1
- Valve train: Single overhead camshafts with 4 valves per cylinder, self-adjusting cam chains, hydraulic lifters
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection with dual 45mm throttle body
- Fuel Capacity: 5.8 gal / 22 ltr
- Exhaust: split dual exhaust with crossover
- Oil capacity: 5.0 qts / 4.75 ltr
- Charging System: 48 amps max output
- Battery: 12 volts / 18 amp hours
- Primary Drive: Gear drive with torque compensator
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Transmission: 6-speed overdrive constant mesh
- Final Drive: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
- Length: 104.3 in / 2868 mm
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in / 1670 mm
- Seat Height: 26.3 in / 667 mm
- Ground Clearance: 5.8 in / 148 mm
- Rake/Trail: 29.0-degrees / 5.6 in / 142 mm
- Dry Weight: 770 Lbs / 350 Kg
- GVWR: 1360 lbs / 618 kg
- Type: Inverted cartridge telescopic fork
- Fork Tube Diameter: 43 mm
- Travel: 5.1 in / 130 mm
- Shock Absorber: Single, mono-tube gas
- Swingarm: Cast Aluminum with constant rate linkage
- Travel: 4.7 in / 120 mm
- Adjustment: Air adjustable
- Brake System Type: Conventional with ABS
- Front braking system: Dual 300mm floating rotor with 4-piston caliper
- Rear braking system: 300mm floating rotor with 2-piston caliper
- Front: 18 x 3.5 in
- Rear: 16 x 5.0 in
- Front: 130/70B18 Dunlop 491 Elite II
- Rear: 180/60R16 Dunlop 491 Elite II