BMW F 800 GT Photos
For 2013, BMW Motorrad has replaced its mid-range sport-tourer, the F800ST, with a newer model – the F800GT.
The “Gran Turismo” receives a host of upgrades over the F800ST, including five additional horsepower, the 798cc parallel twin producing 90 horsepower, and standard ABS.
The fully-faired F800GT also is available with optional Automatic Stability Control (ASC), Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA), an Akrapovic exhaust and newly-developed side luggage.
Following is an overview of the BMW F 800 GT’s technical features:
- Increased power of the F 800 GT as compared to predecessor model. 66 kW (90 bhp) at 8,000 rpm. (F 800 ST: 62.5 kW (85 bhp) at 8,000 rpm).
- Newly designed fairing and windshield with improved wind and weather protection and new paint finishes.
- The latest generation of BMW Motorrad ABS, now as standard.
- Automatic Stability Control ASC (optional / accessory).
- Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA (optional / accessory).
- Convenient adjustment of rear spring pretension via a handwheel.
- Suspension optimized in terms of ride stability and comfort.
- New, lighter wheels in dynamic design.
- Improved ergonomics for increased touring comfort with higher handlebars and repositioned footrests.
- Enhanced seating comfort for rider and passenger.
- New handlebar switch panels and front brake fluid reservoir.
- New vibration-free and double-butted aluminum handlebars.
- Cockpit with new dial faces for speedometer and engine speed display as well as an extended range of information.
- Load capacity increased by 24 lbs to 456 lbs.
- New exhaust system with optimized heel protection.
- Turn indicators in smoke grey.
- Newly developed luggage system (accessory).
- New connection of BMW Motorrad Navigator IV to handlebar clamp (accessory).
Attached above is studio photos that make for great wallpaper. For a preview of the 2013 BMW F800GT, click here.