2013 Victory Boardwalk | Preview
2013 Victory Motorcycle
When Victory released its first 2013 model earlier this year, the low-slung Judge, the Polaris-owned company reported it would release a new model every six months.
And on Monday, Victory was good on its word, releasing the newest cruiser to the brand’s lineup – the Victory Boardwalk.
Powered by the powerful Freedom 106/6 ci engine, the Boardwalk, which replaces the Kingpin, brings classic cruiser style to the Victory brand, the machine featuring long fenders that sleekly hug white-walled tires wrapped around 60-spoke laced chrome wheels. Victory also added a raised spine on the fenders the continue along the 4.7-gallon gas tank, and a flush-mounted taillight.
Available in solid black or solid pearl white, the Boardwalk is loaded with chrome, which is found on the headlight, gauge housing, handlebars, exhaust, belt guard, engine and ignition covers, turn signal housings with LED lighting, and fender struts.
For comfortable ergonomics, the Boardwalk features a new two-piece seat with a low, 25.9-inch height for the pilot, larger floorboards with optional heel shifter, and the widest handlebars of any Victory model. And to enhance two-up comfort and add cargo space, Victory now offers a selection of easily-attached accessories.
Up front, the Boardwalk features 43mm-diameter telescopic forks for smooth handling, and a single gas shock in the rear complemented by a preload-adjustable spring to suit any riding style. The Boardwalk rolls on 16-inch chrome laced wheels shod with premium Metzeler tires, 150mm wide in the rear and 130mm wide up front. Stopping the 675-lbs. machine (dry) are a single, 300mm disc up front squeezed by a four-piston caliper, and a 300mm disc out back squeezed by a two-piston caliper.
Powering the Boardwalk is Victory’s famed 106-c.i. V-Twin teamed with a 6-speed transmission with overdrive. This air- and oil-cooled engine is fuel-injected and counter-balanced, allowing for smooth delivery of the 113 ft. lbs. of torque.
To enhance torsional rigidity and enhance handling, the Freedom 106/6 is solid-mounted in the frame, making it a stressed member of the chassis, helping get rid of frame flex. Also, the drivetrain provides industry-leading ease of maintenance; the recommended oil change interval is every 5,000 miles, which keeps a lid on the cost of ownership.
And to enhance comfort, Victory offers many new “Lock & Ride” accessories that attach to the Boardwalk in minutes, including Boardwalk Saddlebags, the Tall Boardwalk Windscreen, Boardwalk Passenger Backrest, and 2-Up Luggage Rack.
Victory says these accessories – as well as heated grips and Cruise Control – were developed in conjunction with this new model to ensure the easiest installation, best fit and optimal performance.
Following are the 2013 Victory Boardwalk’s specs, color options, MSRP and available accessories:
2012 Victory Boardwalk Specs:
- Type: Freedom 106/6 V-Twin
- Cooling System: Air / Oil
- Displacement: 106 ci / 1731 cc
- Bore X Stroke: 101 x 108 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.4 : 1
- Valve Train: 4 Valves per Cylinder, Hydraulic Lifters & Cam Chain Adjustors
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection 45 mm Throttle Body Bore
- Fuel Capacity: 4.7 gal / 17.8 ltr
- Exhaust: Dual Staggered Slash-cut with Common Volume
- Oil Capacity: 5.0 qts / 4.75 ltr
- Charging System: 38 Amps Max Output
- Battery: 12 Volts / 18 Amp Hours
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive with Torque Compensator
- Clutch: Wet, Multi-plate
- Transmission: 6-speed Overdrive Constant Mesh
- Final Drive: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
- Length: 97.2 in / 2468 mm
- Wheelbase: 64.8 in / 1647 mm
- Seat Height: 25.9 in / 658 mm
- Ground Clearance; 4.7 in / 120 mm
- Rake/Trail: 31.7 ̊ / 6.7 in / 170 mm
- Dry Weight: 675 lbs / 306 kg
- GVWR: 1151 lbs / 523 kg
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Fork / 5.1 in / 130 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Single, Mono-tube Gas / 3.0 in / 75 mm travel
- Conventional front and rear
- Front: 300mm x 5mm Floating Rotor with 4-piston Caliper
- Rear: 300mm x 5mm Floating Rotor with 2-piston Caliper
Wheels / Tires:
- Front: 16 x 3.5 in / Metzeler ME880 130/90 16 TL 67H
- Rear: 16 x 3.5 in / Metzeler ME880 150/80 B16 TL 71H
2013 Victory Boardwalk Color Options/MSRP:
- Solid Black / US $15,499* ($16,899 Canada)
- Solid Pearl White / US $15,899* ($17,299 Canada)
*Add $250 in California
2013 Victory Boardwalk Genuine Accessories:
- Lock & Ride Saddle Bag: $849.99 / PN 2879131
- Lock & Ride Saddlebag Mounting Kit: $159.99 / PN 2879132
- Lock & Ride Sissy Bar: $399.99 / PN 2879203
- Lock & Ride Passenger Luggage Rack: $199.99 / PN 2879078
- Lock & Ride Traditional Windscreen: $499.99 / PN 2879356
- Lock & Ride Windscreen Mount: $139.99 / PN 2876374
- Boardwalk Cruise Control: $449.99 / PN 2879357
- Heated Grips: $199.99 / PN 2876289
- Stage 1 X-Bow Exhaust: $999.999 / PN 2878998-156