2012 Ride for Kids
Riders in Marysville, Ohio, brought hope to kids with brain tumors on July 22 by raising $61,601 for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF).
The 21st annual event attracted over 160 participants in support of local stars Naomi, Jared, Seth, and Caitlin. These brain tumor survivors led the ride through rural Union County, including its seven famous covered bridges.When they returned to the grounds of Scotts Miracle-Gro headquarters, the crowd heard from the stars. “Thanks for all your donations to help cure people like me and all other with brain tumors,” said 14-year-old Jared.Added Dr. Randal Olshefski from Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, “You touch the children with all you do. You may not meet them all, but you truly touch them all.”Riders also paid tribute to someone else who touched lives, PBTF and Ride for Kids® co-founder Dianne Traynor, who passed away on July 20.The event’s top fundraisers were:
- Individuals: Ken and Carol Denman, $10,200
- Motorcycle club/chapter: GWRRA OH-D3, $16,622
- Motorcycle business: Honda Marysville Motorsports, $19,347
- Special organization: Cleveland Police Patrolman Association, $500
- Drawing prizes went to Ralph Elliott (Honda motorcycle); Johnnie Wilson (Dunlop tire); Cathi Shafer (AGV helmet); Rick Day (Tourmaster luggage); and Ken Denman (Cardo Scala Rider)
Many thanks to the hardworking volunteers who organized the Marysville Ride for Kids. This year’s task force leaders were Ken and Carol Denman, Ike and Cathi Shafer, Bobbie Jo Trittschuh, and Dave Cooper.About the PBTF Ride for Kids
Ride for Kids supports the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF) by funding medical research and family support programs. We thank our presenting sponsor, Honda Riders Club of America, and our national insurance sponsor, GEICO. The next Ride for Kids events are on Sunday, July 29 in Kansas City and Knoxville. Learn more at rideforkids.org or call 800-253-6530.