2012 FIM Trial World Championship
The first day of the FIM Trial World Championship at Mt. Tarrengower in Australia Saturday provided Repsol Montesa Honda’s Toni Bou yet another win, his second race victory of the season.
Bou dominated the first of two days at round 2 in Australia under wet and cold conditions, finishing with less half the points received by Gas Gas’ Adam Raga, his closest rival (24 points compared to 54).With his win, Bou now has a nine-point advantage over Raga.Toni Bou
(Repsol Montesa Honda) says: “It was a tough and complicated round, with stones and mud, where everything went perfectly well and we achieved a very satisfactory win. I felt very good and i saw that the public enjoyed our first visit to Australia. Now I can only ask that things keep the same way tomorrow, but the areas will be easier and I think it will be less selective.”The second day of the Australian Grand Prix gets underway Sunday to complete round two of round two of seven in the FIM Triap World Championship.2012 Australian Trial Grand Prix: Day 1 Results:
1. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda: 24
2. Adam Raga, Gas Gas: 54
3. A. Cabestany, Sherco: 65
4. T. Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda: 65
5. Jeroni Fajardo, Beta: 792012 Trial World Championship Point Standings (after day one in Australia):
1. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda: 57 pts.
2. Adam Raga, Gas Gas: 48 pts.
3. A. Cabestany, Sherco: 45 pts.
4. Jeroni Fajardo, Beta: 41 pts.
5. T. Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda: 35 pts.