2012 FIM Trial World Championship Results
Although Repsol Montesa Honda’s Toni Bou lost the first day in the French Trial Grand Prix at La Bresse, the opening round of the 2012 FIM Trial World Championship, the Spaniard came back Sunday to take day 2 and the points lead.
On the opening day Saturday, Bou held the lead for almost the entire Trial event until losing it by two points to his rival, Gas Gas rider Adam Raga.But Bou returned to his usual ways Sunday as he looks to win his sixth consecutive FIM Trial World Championship, riding with precision. Bou added three points on the first point, and four on the second, half of what the two men had that joined him on the podium, Jeroni Fajardo (Beta) and Albert Cabestany (Sherco), respectively.Toni Bou
(Repsol Montesa Honda) says: “After what we saw today, I didn’t think it was possible to close the weekend with so many points of advantage and as World Championship leader, so the win gives even more satisfaction. The difficulty level has not changed, so we had to suffer again, as being an easy round it was crucial to avoid mistakes. The second pass through the zones was again decisive; I focused and I was able to gradually build my margin.”The 2012 FIM Trial World Championship grid will head to Australia for the first time ever May 26 and 27 at Mt. Tarrengower.2012 French Trial World Championship, Day 1 Saturday Results:
1. Adam Raga, Gas Gas 8
2. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda, 10
3. A. Cabestany, Sherco 22
4. J. Fajardo, Beta 22
5. T. Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda 352012 French Trial World Championship, Day 2 Sunday Results:
1. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda 7
2. J. Fajardo, Beta 14
3. A. Cabestany, Sherco 14
4. T. Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda 18
5. Adam Raga, Gas Gas 182012 FIM Trial World Championship Points (after one of seven rounds):
1. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda 37 pts.
2. Adam Raga, Gas Gas 31 pts.
3. J. Fajardo, Beta 30 pts.
4. A. Cabestany, Sherco 30 pts.
5. T. Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda 24 pts.