BMW G 650 GS Sertao in UK Dealerships
2012 BMW G650GS Sertao
BMW Motorrad will unveil the new 2012 G 650 GS Sertao motorcycle on Saturday, March 3, at dealerships across the UK (for a review, click here).
The Sertao, which joins BMW Motorrad’s iconic GS range alongside the popular G 650 GS, is based on the smooth and economical 652cc single-cylinder engine and the same balanced, neutral chassis.
With the addition of a 21″ front wheel, longer-travel suspension and spoked rims to cope with challenging off-road terrain, plus a range of high-specification Factory Fit Options and Accessories as standard – including ABS and heated grips – the G 650 GS has been transformed into an outstanding adventure-sports and off-road motorcycle.
It also features a high windshield for touring comfort, an aluminium engine guard and hand protectors for enhanced rider and motorcycle protection .
With all these standard features, combined with the agility, smoothness and economy of the standard G 650 GS, the Sertao is the perfect lightweight, balanced all-round adventure-sports motorcycle.
Beginning March 3, visitors to BMW Motorrad dealerships can book test rides and see the G 650 GS Sertao in the flesh.
Visitors to their local BMW Motorrad dealerships will also get the chance to see the updated 2012 S 1000 RR supersports bike, the revised F 800 R dynamic roadster, the new special-edition R 1200 GS Rallye and the full 2012 BMW Motorrad motorcycle range.
Tony Jakeman (BMW Motorrad UK Marketing Manager) says: “The new G 650 GS Sertão is a very welcome addition to BMW’s comprehensive motorcycle range. The Sertão is a true adventure bike, equally at home crossing continents and tackling off-road trails and tracks or cutting through the city and riding the best roads in the world.
“As well as arriving at BMW Motorrad Dealerships, the new Sertão is also joining the range of motorcycles at BMW Off Road Skills, giving riders the opportunity to experience this machine on some of the UK’s best off-road terrain while, being taught by Chief Instructor Simon Pavey and his team of experts.”
The 2012 BMW G 650 GS Sertão highlights at a glance:
- Smooth and economical single cylinder 652cc engine
- Max torque of 60 Nm at 5000 rpm and 48bhp (35 kW) at 6500 rpm
- BMW Motorrad ABS (can be disengaged for off-road riding)
- Heated grips, tall windscreen, aluminium engine guard and hand protectors as standard
- Off-road chassis concept with long travel suspension (front/rear 210 mm)
- Wire-spoke wheels with light alloy rims (21″ front and 17″ rear)
- Two seat heights: 860 mm (standard) and 900 mm (special accessory)
- Extensive range of BMW Motorcycle Accessories (including panniers, top box and tank bag) and Factory Fit Options (Anti-Theft Alarm System and 12V power socket)
- Aura White / Arroyo Blue with Sertão lettering and seat in black/grey
- Price £6,735.00 OTR
For more information on BMW Motorrad products, or to find your local BMW Motorrad Dealership, visit bmw-motorrad.co.uk or call 0800 777 155.Google+