2012 Honda Shadow Aero (ABS) | Preview
2012 Honda Motorcycle
With today’s tough economy, it’s hard to find a cruiser that will satisfy a motorcyclist’s aesthetic and power needs.
But one that stands out in the 2012 Honda lineup is the Shadow Aero VT750, which is offered with optional ABS.
The machine features retro-cruiser styling, a low 25.9-inch seat height, a powerful 745cc 52-degree V-Twin with three valves per cylinder and fuel injection, and optimal handling.
These elements help satisfy a wide selection of riders, and with a MSRP of below $8600 (without ABS), the 2012 Honda Shadow Aero won’t be hard on the pocketbook.
The 2012 Shadow Aero is a carry-over model; the only new option for 2012 is a pearl black/silver paint scheme.
But riders can further customize the Shadow Aero with the following Honda Genuine Accessories: Chrome Windscreen, Chrome Lightbar, Replacement Light Bulb, Replacement Light Assembly, Chrome Spotlight Visors, Chrome Backrest, Tall Chrome Backrest Trim, Low Chrome Backrest Trim, Chrome Rear Carrier, Chrome Solo Rider Rear Carrier, Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets, License Plate Frames, Chrome Billet Master Cylinder Caps, Chrome Master Cylinder Cap, Chrome Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, Chrome Front Fender Guard Rail, Chrome Front Fender Trim, Chrome Rear Fender Guard Rail, Chrome Rear Fender Trim, Chrome Rear Fender Tip, Chrome Front Fender Tip, Chrome Seat Trim Rail, Chrome Radiator Guard, Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Digital Audio System, Digital Audio Attachment Kit, Leather Saddlebags, Synthetic Leather Saddlebags, Leather Front Pouch, Leather Tank Belt, Replacement Buckle, Saddlebag Mounting Brackets, Leather Touring Bag, Heated Grips, Chrome Allen Bolt Inserts, Chrome Saddlebag Supports, Saddlebag Liner Set and Cycle Cover.
Following are the specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 Honda Shadow Aero.
2012 Honda Shadow Aero Specs:
- Model: VT750 / VT750 ABS
- Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
- Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 34mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
- Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: 180mm drum
- Optional ABS and CBS (VT750 ABS)
- Tires Front: 120/90-17
- Rear: 160/80-15
- Wheelbase: 64.6 inches
- Rake (Caster angle): 34°
- Trail: 161mm (6.3 inches)
- Seat Height: 25.9 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 56 mpg
- Curb Weight: 560 pounds (VT750) / 573 pounds (VT750 ABS)
2012 Honda Shadow Aero Color Options/MSRP:
- Candy Dark Red, standard model / $8240
- Pearl Black/Silver, standard model / $8540
- Pearl Black/Silver, ABS / $9240