2012 Honda Stateline VT1300 | Preview
2012 Honda Motorcycle
In 2010, Honda introduced three new VT1300 motorcycles to keep up with modern styling – the touring-savvy Interstate, the “pro-street” Sabre and the muscle bike with a retro look, the Stateline.
The Stateline quickly garnered attention from the traditionalists who wanted classic styling mixed with modern technology, or as Honda says, “traditional looks plus progressive elements.”
Although not much changed since its introduction, Honda continues to offer the Stateline VT1300 CR for 2012 with optional ABS and one color option, metallic silver.
The 2012 Stateline features the old school favorites, such as fat tires and valanced fenders, combined with the modern styling of a swooped tank and seat.
Powering the 2012 Stateline VT1300CR is the 1312cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin with three valves per cylinder. The engine features fuel PGM fuel injection, and two spark plugs per cylinder.
And as always, the Stateline could be customized with many Honda Genuine Accessories: Custom Grips, Boulevard Screen (smoke), 24L Saddlebag (plain/studded), 18L Saddlebag (plain/studded), Saddlebag Bracket (18L/24L), Touring Bag (plain/studded/fringed), Front Pouch (plain/studded/fringed), Tank Belt (plain/studded), Backrest & Pad (low/tall), Rear Carrier Mounting Bracket, Rear Carrier, Passenger Floorboard, Engine Guard, Foot Pegs, Custom Rider Seat (Scorpion/Flame), Chrome Side Cover, PIAA Driving Light, Braided Lines (Throttle Cable/Clutch Cable/Front Brake Hose/Rear Brake Hose), Digital Audio System, Audio Attach Kit, Master Cylinder Caps (fluted/”V” design/neo-retro), Billet Dipstick, Fork Nut Covers, Side Cover, Billet License Plate Frame (fluted/”V” design/neo-retro).
Following are the specs, color option and MSRP for the 2012 Honda Stateline VT1300 CR:
2012 Honda Stateline VT1300 CR (ABS) Specs:
- Model: VT1300CR / VT1300CR ABS
- Engine Type: 1312cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
- Bore and Stroke: 89.5mm x 104.3mm
- Compression ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension Front: 41mm fork; 4.0 inches travel
- Rear: Single shock; 3.9 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: 296mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Optional ABS and CBS (VT1300CR ABS)
- Tires Front: 140/80-17
- Rear: 170/80-15
- Wheelbase: 70.3 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 33.0°
- Trail: 118.0mm (4.6 inches)
- Seat Height: 26.8 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gallons
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 46 mpg
- Curb Weight: 672 pounds (VT1300CR) / 688 pounds (VT1300CR ABS)
2012 Honda Stateline Color Option/MSRP:
- Metallic Silver / $12,150 (standard model)
- Metallic Silver / $13,150 (ABS model)
Availability: January 2012Google+