2012 Star Stryker | Preview
When designing the 2012 Stryker, Star had one style concept in mind – create a motorcycle with that forward-lunging, chopper style.
Star began by raking out the front end and adding a 21-inch front wheel. Out back, the Stryker features a 210mm-rear tire with a steel fender and classic belt drive. The seat is only 26.4 inches high, giving the Stryker that low profile that chopper lovers crave.
And powering this Star chopper is a 1304cc, fuel-injected liquid-cooled V-Twin with dual counter-balancers for a glassy-smooth ride. This power is all laid to the ground through a smooth-shifting five speed.
When purchasing a Star Stryker, the buyer can chose between two customized trim packages – either chrome or aggressive, blacked-out parts. And with the Star Accessories Catalog having many parts available, the 2012 Star Stryker can be further customized to the rider’s specific taste.
Following are the highlights, specs, color option and MSRP for the 2012 Star Stryker.
2012 Star Stryker Highlights:
- 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, single overhead cam 60-degree V-twin with dual counterbalancers offers plenty of smooth performance.
- Computer-controlled twin-barrel fuel injection provides optimal mixture whatever the temperature or altitude. Ignition and fuel injection maps are optimized for Stryker’s performance character.
- Four valves per cylinder (36mm intake, 32mm exhaust) provide optimum combustion efficiency; roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
- Ceramic-composite cylinder sleeves contain 100mm forged pistons for excellent durability and longevity.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing produce plenty of power across the board and a distinctive exhaust note.
- Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission feeds power to an efficient, low-maintenance belt drive.
- Sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages for air-cooled looks and liquid-cooled performance. Oil filter is easy to get to but also tucked nearly out of sight for clean, pure looks.
- The exhaust system, designed specifically for Stryker, adds to the awesome look of this bike while also optimizing its engine performance-and it has a magnificent exhaust note.
- Stryker delivers handling unmatched in this mid-size custom cruiser segment. And the steering head that is visible on this double-cradle steel frame helps give the bike its lean, lightweight image.
- The 6° yoke and raked triple clamps combine to provide a total of 40° of fork rake. This achieves the aggressive raked out styling image and solid straight-line performance you’d expect, while at the same time providing light, nimble handling characteristics, even at low speeds.
- Seat height is low, just 26.4 inches, letting the rider feel in rather than on the bike when riding, and enjoy having both feet planted firmly on the ground when stopped.
- Steel fenders-rather than cheap plastic fenders found on some competitors-are one of this bike’s authentic cruiser features. Steel fenders are ideal for customizers who want to cut, chop or modify their bikes.
- Cast wheels have low profile tires. A wide 210-series rear tire and 21-inch front wheel add to the aggressive attitude of the bike.
- The relaxed riding position is complemented by the carefully chosen handlebar position, which puts the rider’s arms comfortably level with the horizon, with a "fists-punching-the-wind" attitude.
- When Stryker is parked, it’s sure to draw attention. Precision machined details abound, like the slit pattern in the headlight and meter. The rear fender over the wide rear tire is richly sculpted. It’s clear that this is no run-of-the-mill cruiser.
- Large 320mm front and 310mm rear discs provide serious stopping power.
- Aggressive, tough custom styling theme sets Stryker apart.
- The beefy 1" handlebars connect right to the upper triple clamp for exceptionally clean looks.
- Instrumentation includes a fuel meter for rider convenience.
2012 Star Stryker Specs
- Type: 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 x 83.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Frame: Steel double cradle
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; 3.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 310mm
- Tires / Front: 120/70-21M/C
- Tires / Rear: 210/40R18M/C
- Wheels: 5-spoke cast aluminum
- Length: 99.6 in
- Width: 33.9 in
- Height: 44.5 in
- Seat Height: 26.4 in
- Wheelbase: 68.9 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal
- Fuel Economy: 40.9 mpg
- Wet Weight: 646 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2012 Star Stryker Color Options/MSRP:
- Reddish Copper / $11,340 (Reddish Copper)
- Candy Red / $11,340 (Candy Red)
- Raven / $11,090 (Raven)
Available from September 2011