2012 Star Royal Star Venture S | Preview
2012 Star Motorcycle
Thinking about cross-country motorcycle adventures, preferably two-up in complete comfort? This is the exact rider Star had in mind while designing the 2012 Royal Star Venture S, a bike that features all the amenities for long-distance, open-road touring.
First the space – the Royal Star Venture S features 33.6 gallons of lockable storage: color-matched 9.3-gallon sidebags, and a 15-gallon trunk. These keep everything safe and dry as the riders relax on ergonomically-designed bucket-type seats, the passenger seat featuring a wraparound backrest.
And while relaxing, riders aboard the Royal Star Venture S can enjoy the four-speaker sound system hooked to a Star-branded iPod Touch, CB Radio, Intercom System and AM/FM Radio.
These features create comfort for the riders, and with this comfort arrives reliable power; the 74-ci V-Four features 97 horsepower @ 6000rpm and is transmitted to the ground via five-speed, wide-ratio transmission.
For 2012, the Royal Star Venture S is only offered in one color: Intense Black.
Following are the highlights, specs, color option and MSRP for the 2012 Star Royal Star.
2012 Star Royal Star Highlights:
- 79 cubic-inch liquid-cooled, V-four tuned to put out class-leading power – 97hp @ 6000 rpm and maximum torque at 89 ft.-lb. @ 4750 rpm – for incomparable touring performance.
- Four heated 32mm Mikuni carburetors with TPS deliver seamless throttle response and greater power across the entire rev range.
- Compact design, dual-intake system enhances performance without sacrificing fuel tank capacity.
- Large-capacity radiator ensures superior engine cooling for maximum efficiency.
- Single-axis internal counterbalancer reduces engine vibration.
- Wide-ratio, five-speed transmission with 5th-gear overdrive geared for both highway passing power and lower-rev cruising speeds.
- Low-maintenance hydraulic clutch actuation and strong, low-maintenance shaft drive for touring convenience.
- Four-into-two exhaust system puts out a throaty exhaust note and creates a long, low profile that’s easily customizable.
- High-integrity, single-backbone frame with solid engine mounting and 29-degree caster angle delivers quick, responsive steering and excellent handling.
- Class-leading long wheelbase (67.1-inches) provides exceptional roomy ergonomics for great rider control and comfort.
- Air-adjustable telescopic front fork designed with 29-degree caster angle and 5.5 inches of travel smoothes out the bumps and adjusts for varying load capacities.
- Air-adjustable link-type rear suspension features a vertically mounted single shock with 4.1 inches of travel for outstanding long-distance ride quality.
- Large-diameter front and rear disc brakes with sintered pads provide strong, linear stopping power.
- Wide, fork-mounted fairing, windshield, wind deflectors and frame-mounted lower cowlings offer outstanding weather protection.
- Full-sized floating-type rider and passenger floorboards reduce vibration and are positioned for optimal long-distance comfort.
- Incomparable fit and finish includes flawless paint with extensive chrome and brushed stainless steel accents as well as deep, valanced steel fenders.
- 6-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light ensures outstanding long-distance touring range.
- Large, powerful 12V 60/55-watt remote-adjustable halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and cuts a stylish profile.
- Cigarette type DC accessory connector in fairing plus 2-pin DC accessory connector under the seat.
- Ignition switch with integrated steering lock mounted to front of fuel tank for extra convenience.
- Vintage-style console and instrument panel features: digital speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel tripmeter, clock, fuel gauge, cruise control, TPS self-diagnosis, speed sensor, and neutral, high beam, turn signals and low oil-level indicator lights.
- Electronic cruise control switch located on right handlebar controls for ease of use.
- Handlebar-mounted 40-channel CB radio with dual antenna for CB and AM/FM radio.
- Single-point audio control system for AM/FM radio, cassette, 6 disc CD changer and intercom is MP3-compatible and headset-ready. The system also includes a Star-branded iPod touch (8GB) with an iSimple Solutions audio interface by AAMP of America.
- Four-speaker (14 watts per channel) system with automatic, speed-regulated volume control to help hear over wind noise.
- Two-way rider/passenger intercom system.
- Huge, 15-gallon rear trunk with easy, one-touch opener can hold two full-faced helmets and includes a lined interior storage pouch.
- Color-matched hard-shell saddlebags each feature handy, one-touch openers and spacious 9.3-gallon storage with interior pouch.
- 12V 18AH maintenance-free battery ensures easy, reliable starting.
2012 Star Royal Star Specs:
- Type: 79-cubic-inch (1294cc) liquid-cooled 70° V-four; DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 79mm x 66mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: 4) 32mm Mikuni® CV
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed, wide-ratio w/5th-gear overdrive; hydraulic clutch
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; air-assist, 5.5-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; air-assist, 4.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
- Tires / Front: 150/80-16
- Tires / Rear: 150/90-15
- Wheels: 7-spoke cast
- Length: 104.5 in
- Width: 35.4 in
- Height: 61.6 in
- Seat Height: 29.5 in
- Wheelbase: 67.1 in
- Fuel Capacity: 6.0 gal
- Fuel Economy: 39 mpg
- Wet Weight: 869 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2012 Star Royal Star Color Option/MSRP:
- Intense Black/ $20,190
Available from September 2011