GEICO has been involved with EnduroCross since it expanded into a multi race series in 2007 and has helped pave the way for growth ever since. For 2011, the GEICO AMA EnduroCross series presented by Lucas Oil will be a part of the X Games for the first time and then the regular series will kick off in Everett Washington, which hosted a sellout crowd during the first visit to the Pacific Northwest last year.
In 2011, fans in Southern California will get to witness EnduroCross at the beautiful Citizens Business Bank Arena in September and then the off-road friendly state of Idaho will have their first ever EnduroCross event at the Idaho Center in Boise.
Eric Vaden (Powersports Marketing Planner for GEICO) says: “Motorcycling is extremely popular in California and Idaho so it is great to see EnduroCross expand into these hotbeds of the market.
“You need to see an EnduroCross in person to really appreciate the whole experience. It’s incredibly challenging for the riders and a ton of fun for the whole family.”
Tickets for all six EnduroCross events are already on sale and since several events regularly sell out, now is the time to make sure you have a seat. Here is the direct link to the ticket section of the site: endurocross.com/buy-tickets/. Tickets for X Games 17 will be available for purchase June 23 at all Ticketmaster locations and the box office at STAPLES Center.
2011 GEICO AMA EnduroCross Schedule
- Los Angeles, CA / July 31, 2011 / Staples Center (Expert only during X-Games)
- Everett, WA / August 13, 2011 / Comcast Arena
- Indianapolis, IN / August 26, 2011 / Pepsi Coliseum (Friday during MotoGP weekend)
- Ontario, CA / September 17, 2011 / Citizens Business Bank Arena
- Denver, CO / October 1, 2011 / National Western Complex
- Boise, ID / October 22, 2011 / Idaho Center
- Las Vegas, NV / November 19, 2011 / Orleans Arena (Double Main event)