Available now by phone at (800) AMA-JOIN (262-5646), AMA Life Member Plus adds benefits that have not been part of the AMA Life Member package until now: AMA Roadside Assistance, a monthly subscription to American Motorcyclist magazine and a collectible AMA Life Member Plus membership card.The existing AMA Life Member program is not changing. AMA members who reach 25 years of continuous membership will still achieve AMA Life Member status.These members, who no longer pay annual membership dues, receive discounts on products and services, the ability to participate in AMA-sanctioned events, and access to the Members Area of AmericanMotorcyclist.com – including the full digital edition of American Motorcyclist magazine.The AMA Life Member Plus program includes all these benefits and adds AMA Roadside Assistance, a monthly subscription to the printed version of American Motorcyclist magazine and a new membership card every year. Including all the benefits of full AMA membership, AMA Life Member Plus is available for $29 – a $10 discount off the full membership price.Dan Stedman (AMA Membership and Marketing Vice President) says: “Frankly, we haven’t done enough for our life members – the lifeblood of the AMA – and this optional program is our way of making up for the oversight and bringing Life Members new benefits in a cost-effective way.“Life Member Plus also lays the groundwork to re-engage and reconnect with our Life Members in a very meaningful way going forward.”Of course, for many AMA Life Member Plus participants, the top benefit of the new program will be the freedom to ride knowing they continue to financially support the organization that has been fighting for motorcyclists’ rights since 1924.The AMA Life Member Plus program includes:
- AMA Roadside Assistance that covers all of your motorcycles, cars, trucks and RVs.
- 12 issues of American Motorcyclist magazine.
- An exclusive AMA Life Member Plus Membership card, new every year.
- An exclusive AMA Life Member Plus Pin And Decal.
- All the benefits of AMA Membership, including money-saving discounts and a voice protecting motorcyclists’ rights at the federal, state and local levels.
- There’s no obligation to join the AMA Life Member Plus program, and AMA Life Members who don’t want AMA Roadside Assistance can still subscribe to the print version of American Motorcyclist magazine for just $10 a year. AMA Life Members who want neither AMA Roadside Assistance nor the printed version of American Motorcyclist magazine will continue to receive all other benefits of AMA Life Membership.