AMA Riding News
Monday, April 11, marks the beginning of week two of the American Motorcyclist Association’s (AMA) Get Out and Ride! Month. And the theme – “AMA Get Out and Ride Together! Week” – is sure to resonate with hundreds of thousands of motorcyclists around the country.Couples, families, friends, clubs and more will take to the street and trail all week long in celebration of the motorcycling lifestyle and everything that it has to offer.“I’m tied up with work this weekend, but I managed to talk a few friends into leaving work early on Monday for some trail riding,” wrote Judd West on the AMA Facebook page. “Great cure for the Monday blues!”“We are teaching a 7-year-old and a 9-year-old how to dirt bike ride [Saturday]!” said Susan Smith. “We LOVE teaching the kids!”Sunday found rider Ed Murray “doing the V-twin Cruisers ‘Blizzard Run’ without the Blizzard.”Meanwhile Cheryl Langham planned to ride “down to Eureka Springs for a Hot Scooter Rally!”AMA Get Out and Ride Together! Week continues a month-long online celebration of all things motorcycling, including weekly themes and the giveaway of some cool prizes. Showcased throughout AMA Get Out and Ride! Month are AMA members and other motorcyclists doing what they love to do – ride! Daily updates are provided at AmericanMotorcyclist.com > Riding > GetOutAndRide
, a dedicated Facebook
page and a Twitter
feed, @GetOutNRide.Throughout April, AMA members are submitting stories, photos and videos, with a weekly winner selected for the best submission. The prize for the best story for AMA Get Out and Ride Together! Week, April 11-17, is a Blinc Bluetooth Helmet communications system.Riders looking to get out and ride together this year need look no further than the AMA’s dual-sport and adventure rides, national conventions, gypsy tours and signature events.
- The 2011 AMA Yamaha Super Ténéré Adventure Riding Series kicks off for 2011 as the country’s premier riding series for fans of big-bore adventure-touring motorcycles.
- The 2011 AMA KTM National Dual Sport Trail Riding Series is one of the best programs in off-road riding, with hundreds of miles of trail and backroads in some of the most breathtaking areas of the United States.
- 2011 AMA National Conventions
- Americade, June 6-11 in Lake George, N.Y., is one of the largest road-riding rallies on the planet. It features legendary roads in the 6-million-acre Adirondack National Park, and makes for a great motorcycle vacation.
- AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, July 22-24 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, is North America’s largest motorcycle-related swap meet, vintage racing, new bike demo rides and much, much more.
- The Golden Aspen Motorcycle Rally, Sept. 14-18, is a huge event in the town of Ruidoso, high in the Rocky Mountains of southeastern New Mexico. The rally offers a great way to close out the riding season and start up new friendships.
- 2011 AMA Gypsy Tours
- The sister rally to the Golden Aspen Rally, the Aspencash Motorcycle Rally, May 19-22 in Ruidoso, N.M., offers a great way to kick off the rally season in the Southwest.
- The famed Laconia Motorcycle Week, June 11-19 in Laconia, N.H., is on par with other mega-gatherings such as Daytona (Fla.) Bike Week and Sturgis in South Dakota.
- 2011 Signature Events
- The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s national Ride For Kids program has become one of the most successful fundraising efforts among motorcyclists in the nation. Held in cities everywhere, Ride for Kids events raise funds for a good cause — families struggling with the diagnosis and treatment of a child’s brain tumor.
- The Dee Snyder Ride, Sept. 25 in Lido Beach, N.Y., supports a favorite charity of motorcyclists — the March of Dimes — while educating people about the seriousness of premature birth and birth defects.
For more information about AMA events and series, go to AmericanMotorcyclist.com > Riding > Street > Street Events And Series
.And for all the details about AMA Get Out and Ride! Month, be sure to visit AmericanMotorcyclist.com > Riding > GetOutAndRide