2011 Provisional MotoGP Grid Entry List
2011 MotoGP Entry List
The provisional 2011 MotoGP rider line up was released Monday by the FIM. The 2011 MotoGP grid will consist of 17 riders who will vie for the championship throughout 17 rounds.
The two new riders on the 2011 MotoGP entry list are Toni Elias and Karel Abraham.
Elias, who previously competed in MotoGP, joins the 2011 grid after winning the debut 2010 Moto2 Championship. The Spaniard Elias will compete on the LCR Honda.
In MotoGP, Elias competed with Tech 3 Yamah in 2005, Gresini Honda in 2006 and 2007, Pramac Ducati in 2008, and then back to Gresini Honda in 2009 before joining the inaugural Moto2 grid.
Abraham also arrives from the Moto2 Championship. The Czech will compete on the Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati team.
The 2011 season gets underway on March 20 with the opening round in Qatar.
2011 MotoGP Provisional Entry List
(1) Jorge Lorenzo, Spanish, Yamaha Factory Racing
(4) Andrea Dovizioso, Italian, Repsol Honda Team
(5) Colin Edwards, American, Monster Yamaha Tech 3
(7) Hiroshi Aoyama, Japanese, San Carlo Honda Gresini
(8) Hector Barbera, Spanish, Aspar Ducati Team
(11) Ben Spies, American, Yamaha Factory Racing
(14) Randy de Puniet, French, Pramac Racing Ducati Team
(17) Karel Abraham, Czech, Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati
(19) Alvaro Bautista, Spanish, Rizla Suzuki
(24) Toni Elias, Spanish, LCR Honda
(26) Dani Pedrosa, Spanish, Repsol Honda Team
(27) Casey Stoner, Australian, Repsol Honda Team
(35) Cal Crutchlow, British, Monster Tech 3 Yamaha
(46) Valentino Rossi, Italian, Ducati Team
(58) Marco Simoncelli, Italian, San Carlo Honda Gresini
(65) Loris Capirossi, Italian, Pramac Racing Ducati Team
(69) Nicky Hayden, American, Ducati Team