With its compact and highly rigid diamond-shaped steel frame chassis, the Ninja 400R combines superior riding performance with easy handling. Its lightweight and compact liquid-cooled, four-stroke, parallel twin-cylinder DOHC four-valve engine (399 cm3) delivers engine performance that is smooth and powerful at low- and mid-range speeds, while its fuel injection system and three-way catalyzer provides superior environmental performance in conformance with the 2007 Japanese national emissions regulations for motorcycles.2011 Kawasaki Ninja 400R | Engine
- The Ninja 400R has a liquid-cooled, four-stroke, parallel twin-cylinder DOHC four-valve engine (399 cm3). The distinctive parallel twin-cylinder engine delivers power characteristics that are powerful at low- and mid-range speeds and respond agilely at high speeds.
- In addition to fuel injection, the Ninja 400R is equipped with sub-throttle valves to optimize intake air. With excellent throttle response and smooth engine performance at normal speeds, it delivers excellent drivability under diverse conditions.
- With its short silencer located under the engine, the Ninja 400R provides a greater concentration of mass and lower center of gravity. Equipped with a built-in three-way catalyzer, it offers superior environmental performance in conformance with the 2007 Japanese national emissions regulations for motorcycles.
- With genuine full fairing inherited from the super-sport Ninja line, the Ninja 400R offers aggressive styling and excellent wind protection equally suited to high speeds.
- The Ninja 400R’s narrow parallel twin-cylinder engine and compact diamond-shaped steel frame result in a streamlined chassis, making it easy to keep both feet on the ground.
- With dual 300-mm petal disks in front and single 220-mm petal disk in back, the Ninja 400R has front and rear disk brakes to provide excellent braking power and heat dissipation.
- The Ninja 400R’s aluminum grab bars may be sharp looking but their shape and positioning also ease fatigue on long rides and make riding with a passenger more convenient.
- The Ninja 400R’s instrument panel has a multi-function LCD display with a sporty design modeled on racing machines. It is equipped with a digital speedometer, digital bar-style tachometer, fuel gauge, clock, and odometer/trip-meter.
- The Ninja 400R’s LED taillights are compact and provide excellent visibility. The rear view is sharp and stylish.