* BMW Motorrad’s share of the total motorcycle market at 12.6 per cent makes BMW the third most popular motorcycle manufacturer in the UK.
* BMW Motorrad sold more motorcycles over 500cc than any other manufacturer in the UK, with 16.8 per cent share of the +500cc sector.
* S 1000 RR sales accounted for 43.2 per cent of the 1000cc supersports segment and the RR was the best-selling motorcycle over 125cc, with a total of 465 sold.
* The new BMW R 1200 RT jumped straight to the top of the touring sector selling 285. The K 1300 GT was the second most popular in the segment, giving BMW a 40 per cent share of the tourer market.BMW Motorrad registrations for the month of March 2010, key highlights: * March saw the highest ever number of BMW registrations in one month, with 1,539 motorcycles sold – up 50 per cent over the same period last year.
* The S 1000 RR was the best-selling supersports motorcycle in the UK, recording 385 motorcycles sold.
* Four of the UK’s five best-selling motorcycles over 125cc were BMWs: 1st: S 1000 RR, 3rd: R 1200 GS, 3rd: R 1200 GS Adventure, 5th: R 1200 RT.
* The uprated R 1200 GS and GS Adventure topped the adventure sports category.
* On 01 March 2010, 380 BMW motorcycles were registered in the UK – the highest ever number of BMW bikes registered in a single day.Adrian Roderick, General Manager of BMW Motorrad UK, said: "March has been a record-breaking month for BMW Motorrad in the UK. Not only have we sold more bikes than ever before but we also have a bike topping the supersports league table. Who could have predicted that a few years ago?"The S 1000 RR has been phenomenally successful. The uprated R 1200 GS and R 1200 RT have also topped their market sectors. We have the most dynamic and exciting range of motorcycles we’ve ever had and we’re delighted that the buying public think so too."