Kallio & Espargaro Test in Qatar
Pramac Team Report
The result of the final MotoGP motorcycle racing test in Qatar give good hopes to the Pramac Racing Team, in fact, the white and green riders concluded in ninth and eleventh position. Most experienced Mika Kallio made it to conclude two positions in front of his teammate.
The Finn managed to improve his fastest lap recorded yesterday of almost half of a second. Espargarò instead managed to improve compared to yesterday by a second. Really good performance since this was only his second day on Losail circuit in the MotoGP category.
Pramac Racing riders have now two weekend of break before the start of 2010 MotoGP World Championship in program on April 11th in Qatar.
Mika Kallio Speaks… Pramac MotoGP Racing rider – 9th best lap time in 1’56.767
"What an unusual thing happen: I remained without fuel at the very end of the session while I was going to the box; I was on the side of the track with my bike looking for someone to help me move the bike, instead I realized to be lonely in the desert. Luckily after some minutes the track assistants have arrived."
"Jokes apart, today we managed to improve, even not as much as we expected, the lap times recorded last year during the Grand Prix of Qatar qualification session. This means that we can be satisfied with the work done during these last days of winter testing. The team has worked well and thanks to my technicians we found a good set up of the bike that we will be using in the first GP of the season here in Doha."
Aleix Espargarò Speaks… Pramac MotoGP Racing rider – 11th best lap time in 1’56.897
"Yesterday night I haven’t slept very well. I wasn’t happy at all with lap times that I had registered yesterday. Today, however, I am pretty satisfied with how things went for me. On the contrary compared to the last Sepang test, we managed to constantly improve and this give us great confidence for the race that will be held here in Qatar in three weeks time. We have worked very well and for this I want to thanks all my technical staff."
MotoGP Test Time Final Day
1. Stoner (Ducati) 1’55.352 (51 laps)
2. Rossi (Yamaha) 1’55.860 (57)
3. Dovizioso (Honda) 1’55.880 (66)
4. Hayden (Ducati) 1’56.116 (51)
5. Capirossi (Suzuki) 1’56.195 (58)
6. Lorenzo (Yamaha) 1’56.504 (44)
7. De Puniet (Honda) 1’56.505 (66)
8. Edwards (Yamaha)1’56.772 (48)
9. Kallio (Ducati) 1’56.767 (74)
10. Spies (Yamaha)1’56.780 (44)
11. Espargarò (Ducati) 1’56.897 (64)
12. Bautista (Suzuki) 1’56.898 (71)
13. Pedrosa (Honda)1’56.934 (56)
14. Melandri (Honda) 1’57.222 (64)
15. Barberà (Ducati)1’57.222 (74)
16. Aoyama (Honda) 1’57.251 (81)
17. Simoncelli (Honda) 1’57.379 (56)