Josh Herrin | Daytona 200 Interview
Herrin Interview Video
Riding his Graves Motorsports’ Yamaha R6, Josh Herrin captured the 2010 Daytona 200 trophy with some strategic riding and near flawless pit stops by his team. Herrin held off fellow Yamaha R6 racer Dane Westby to win the 69th Daytona 200 AMA Pro Racing Daytona SportBike event that was held as a Friday night event at world famous Daytona International Speedway.
The young 19-year-old rider from Dublin, Georgia received plenty of pressure from the hard-charging Westby, who was riding for the Project 1 Atlanta team, in the closing laps of the 57-lap event but was able to pull away.
Steve Rapp, the 2007 Daytona 200 champion, rounded out the podium on a Ducati 848. This was the first AMA race for the 848 in the relatively new class structure of Daytona Sporbike. Last year’s AMA Sportbike Champion, Danny Eslick, finished fourth on his move from the Buell 1125R to his new Suzuki GSXR-600.
Herrin leaves Daytona with the win, the points lead and a promising season ahead.
2010 Daytona 200 Race Results (AMA Daytona Sportbike Class)
1. J. Herrin 0.0000 Team Graves Yamaha
2. D. Westby 7.964 Project 1 Atlanta
3. S. Rapp 24.496 Team Latus Motors Racing
4. D. Eslick 40.973 GEICO Powersports, RMR, Suzuki
5. K. Coghlan 1 lap Aussie Dave Racing
6. C. West 39.919 Vesrah Suzuki
7. G. May 1:50.590 GMR Racing
8. S. Higbee 1:54.030 Higbee-Racing.com
9. T. Knapp 2 laps Ducshop Racing
10. E. Wood 15.626 Team Heyser
11. E. Haugo 50.989 Viking Moto
12. R. Patterson 1:16.795 D and R Racing
13. B. Fong 1:17.343 Crozier Roberson Motorsports
14. R. Orlando 1:40.129 Ricky Orlando Racing
15. S. Villa 1:40.244 RoadRacingWorld.com
16. P. James 3 laps James Gang Hoban Bros. Racing
17. A. Padovani 18.553 CR2 Corse
18. A. Lazo 31.987 Alex Lazo Racing
19. D. Marchetti 1:09.585 Ducshop Racing
20. W. Sipp 1:09.855 Walt Sipp Racing