Daytona 200 race results 2010
Daytona Sportbike Report
Graves Motorsports’ Josh Herrin held off fellow Yamaha rider Dane Westby to win the 69th Daytona 200 AMA Pro Racing Daytona SportBike event on Friday night at Daytona International Speedway.
The 19-year-old rider from Dublin, Ga., received plenty of pressure from the hard-charging Westby, who was riding for Project 1 Atlanta, in the closing laps of the 57-lap event but was able to pull away for a 7.964-second victory.
1st – Josh Herrin Speaks…
"I just kept putting in the laps and trying to push as hard as I could just to keep (Westby) back and make it as easy as possible at the end and it all paid off," said Herrin.
Josh Herrin finished second in last year’s Daytona 200 to Ben Bostrom.
2nd – Dane Westby Speaks…
"This shows what you can do with a good bike," Westby said. "I saw the gap open and close. I thought maybe I had but didn’t want to do something stupid and throw away second."
For Yamaha, it was the manufacturer’s second straight victory in the Daytona 200 and its 20th overall in America’s most historic motorcycle race.
Steve Rapp, the 2007 Daytona 200 champion, rounded out the podium on a Ducati.
2010 Daytona 200 Race Results (AMA Daytona Sportbike Class)
1. J. Herrin 0.0000 Team Graves Yamaha
2. D. Westby 7.964 Project 1 Atlanta
3. S. Rapp 24.496 Team Latus Motors Racing
4. D. Eslick 40.973 GEICO Powersports, RMR, Suzuki
5. K. Coghlan 1 lap Aussie Dave Racing
6. C. West 39.919 Vesrah Suzuki
7. G. May 1:50.590 GMR Racing
8. S. Higbee 1:54.030 Higbee-Racing.com
9. T. Knapp 2 laps Ducshop Racing
10. E. Wood 15.626 Team Heyser
11. E. Haugo 50.989 Viking Moto
12. R. Patterson 1:16.795 D and R Racing
13. B. Fong 1:17.343 Crozier Roberson Motorsports
14. R. Orlando 1:40.129 Ricky Orlando Racing
15. S. Villa 1:40.244 RoadRacingWorld.com
16. P. James 3 laps James Gang Hoban Bros. Racing
17. A. Padovani 18.553 CR2 Corse
18. A. Lazo 31.987 Alex Lazo Racing
19. D. Marchetti 1:09.585 Ducshop Racing
20. W. Sipp 1:09.855 Walt Sipp Racing