Pramac Ducati struggles MotoGP Sepang test 2
Pramac Ducati Test Report
Not the best day for the Pramac Racing Team that with its riders, Mika Kallio and Aleix Espargarò, don’t make it to improve yesterday’s recorded lap times on the Sepang circuit in Malaysia. The Finnish rider has concluded with the eighth best time yesterday but today is wasn’t able to improve it and concluded in the fourteenth place.
Instead, her partner team, Espargarò, has improved his best lap time by a tenth of a second, but not enough to go further then the sixteenth place. The Pramac Racing Team riders will have to improve in the coming winter test, to be held in Qatar on March 18th and 19th, in order to begin the 2010 MotoGP season at the best.
Mika Kallio Speaks… Pramac Racing rider – 14th best lap time in 2’02.082
"Yesterday in the late afternoon we had found a good technical compromise and this had given us confidence for the last working day here at Sepang, but things have not gone as we expected. I feel very well with the new bike but perhaps I have yet to find total confidence to push to the maximum. We cannot make any more mistake in the next test in Qatar next month."
Aleix Espargarò Speaks… Pramac Racing rider – 15th best lap time in 2’02.447
"This morning I was feeling well and I wasn’t doing so bad, but then in the afternoon I was unable to make the step forward as most of my colleagues have done and I was back in the classification. Anyway I remain very confident because I sure have all the possibility in order to do well. I am very pleased to see the two official Ducati in the top three: I am sure we will find soon the right solution to fight for the best positions as well."
2010 MotoGP Test Times | Sepang 2
1. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Fiat Yamaha Team 2’00.271
2. Casey Stoner (AUS) Ducati Marlboro Team 2’00.512
3. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati Marlboro Team 2’00.703
4. Colin Edwards (USA) Monster Yamaha Tech3 2’00.988
5. Ben Spies (USA) Monster Yamaha Tech3 2’01.014
6. Loris Capirossi (ITA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2’01.320
7. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Repsol Honda Team 2’01.439
8. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda Team 2’01.478
9. Hiroshi Aoyama (JAP) Interwetten-Honda MotoGP 2’01.692
10. Alvaro Bautista (SPA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2’01.732
11. Randy de Puniet (FRA) LCR Honda MotoGP 2’01.980
12. Marco Melandri (ITA) San Carlo Honda Gresini 2’02.078
13. Hector Barbera (SPA) Aspar Team 2’02.080
14. Mika Kallio (FIN) Pramac Green Team 2’02.082
15. Aleix Espargaro (SPA) Pramac Green Team 2’02.367
16. Marco Simoncelli (ITA) San Carlo Honda Gresini 2’03.689
Sepang Circuit Record: Casey Stoner (Ducati – 2007) 2’02.108
Best Pole: Valentino Rossi (Yamaha – 2009), 2’00.518