Triumph debuts 2010 Special Editions
Triumph Motorcycles celebrated its U.S. Dealer Conference by announcing the continued expansion of its product line and the pending sale of its 100,000th motorcycle since returning to North America just 15 years ago.
“Triumph has methodically grown our model range and dealer network over the past 15 years, and we have even more great things in store for customers in the coming years,” said Mark Kennedy, CEO of Triumph Motorcycles North America. “Triumph has maintained our commitment to new product development, so customers will continue to see great new products that push the envelope in terms of styling, performance and reliability. The next few years are going to be a lot of fun, and we’re really looking forward to the journey.”
Triumph currently offers 16 different models in three motorcycle families: Cruiser, Urban Sport and Modern Classic. That will grow to 23 models across seven motorcycle families by the end of 2012 and include categories where Triumph does not currently compete.
In addition to the standard model range, motorcyclists will get to choose from a number of new and special edition (SE) models in 2010 that will be offered in limited numbers.
• Thunderbird SE: The 1600cc (98 cubic inch) Thunderbird SE comes standard with new Carnival Red paint, ABS, a quick detach touring windshield with wind deflectors, leather saddle bags, touring seat, quick detach passenger back rest with luggage rack, and rider and passenger floor boards. MSRP is $14,999.
• Thunderbird 1700: The optional ‘big bore’ 1700cc (104 cubic inch) engine upgrade, which increases peak power from 85bhp to 99bhp, and ABS come standard and features a stunning Phantom Red Haze paint that is exclusive to this model. MSRP is $14,799.
• Bonneville 60: Only 600 units of this commemorative edition of the 1960 Bonneville will be built, 100 of which will come to North America. Each motorcycle features two-tone Meriden and Caspian Blue paint, a numbered handlebar clamp plaque and a certificate of authenticity. MSRP is $8,999.
• Bonneville T100 Black: The “Bonnie Black” was created in response to customer requests for an all-black Bonneville with spoke wheels and a tachometer. MSRP is $8,599.
• Speed Triple SE: The original ‘streetfighter’ motorcycle receives special Tornado Red paint with a Crystal White center stripe, seat cowl and flyscreen. MSRP is $11,299.
• Daytona 675 SE: The Pearl White bodywork over a Sparkle Blue chassis was so successful in 2009 that the bike returns with a striking new graphics package and carbon fiber trim. MSRP is $10,299.
Triumph has won awards in virtually every motorcycle segment, most recently Cycle World magazine’s “Cruiser of the Year” for the 1600cc Thunderbird and Motorcycle.com’s “Motorcycle of the Year” for the 675cc Street Triple R. As a testament to the strength of Triumph’s products and customer interest in the brand, in 2009 Triumph added 23 dealers to its North American dealer network and became one of just two manufacturers to report an increase in market share every year for the last five years.
The full range of Triumph motorcycles are available at authorized Triumph dealers throughout North America. To find your local Triumph dealer, please visit TriumphMotorcycles.com.