The special editions arrive unabated from KTM. This just in—the 2021 KTM 250 SX-F Troy Lee Designs. This is not merely a graphics kit slapped on the orange plastics. Many performance enhancements make this a legitimate special edition. Let’s go over them.
- An Akrapovič muffler is slipped on at the end of the exhaust system. KTM claims the Akrapovič muffler enhances low-rpm torque. Also, due to its titanium construction, it lightens up the rear end of the 250 SX-F.
- Connectivity with the myKTM app is standard. That means easier tuning of the potent DOCH four-stroke motor.
- Factory triple clamps are implemented, and orange-anodized. According to KTM, these triple clamps have a superior grasp of the WP Xact fork, which means better front end feel and improved suspension action.
- The 2021 KTM 250 SX-F Troy Lee Designs motorcycle gets factory wheels. That means D.I.D DirtStar rims laced to orange-anodized CNC-machined hubs. This cuts weight and increases rigidity.
- For an improved chance at a holeshot, there is a starting device that reduces wheelying.
- The front disc on the TLD 250 is semi-floating and gets a guard.
- A composite skidplate protects the motor.
- The gripper seat is a special TLD unit.
- A Hinson Racing clutch cover adds durability.
- The TLD model has a black rear sprocket, which makes the orange on the rest of the bike—such as the frame—truly stand out.
- Even if you can’t go as fast as the Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM Factory Racing team riders, you can sport the same graphics and look just as good. These graphics will make a public debut at the Pala National on Saturday, October 10.
- We don’t have a price or availability date. KTM says, “Fall.” Well, it’s autumn now! So, that means sometime before December 21.
Photography by H. Mitterbauer
2021 KTM 250 SX-F Troy Lee Designs
- Type: Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Displacement: 250cc
- Bore x stroke: 78 x 52.3mm
- Compression ratio: 14.4:1
- Valvetrain: DOHC, 4 valves
- Starting: Electric w/ lithium-ion 12.8-volt 2 Ah battery
- Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication with 2 Pumps
- Fueling: Keihin EFI w/ 44mm throttle body
- Muffler: Akropovič
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc DDS clutch w/ Brembo hydraulics
- Final drive: 5/8” x ¼” chain
- Frame: Central double-cradle chromoly steel
- Subframe: Aluminum
- Handlebar: Neken aluminum
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable WP Xact inverted 48mm fork; 12.2 inches
- Rear suspension: Linkage-assisted fully adjustable WP Xact shock; 11.8 inches
- Wheels: D.I.D DirtStar
- Front wheel: 21 x 1.60
- Rear wheel: 19 x 2.15
- Tires: Dunlop Geomax MX33
- Front tire: 80/100 x 21
- Rear tire: 110/90 x 19
- Front brake: 260mm disc w/ Brembo caliper
- Rear brake: 220mm disc w/ Brembo caliper
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 58.5 inches (± 0.4 in)
- Rake: 26.1 degrees
- Triple clamp offset: 22mm
- Seat height: 37.4 degrees
- Ground clearance: 14.6 inches
- Fuel capacity: 1.85 gallons
- Curb weight: 230.5 pounds (approx.)
2021 KTM 250 SX-F Troy Lee Designs Price: MSRP TBA